SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Charger Hellcat Daytona #368
46 Posts
I will be running 93, I have never put 91 in the cat or scat for that matter. Have not forgotten to update thread, just waiting for the JLT intake as its on back order to install the incognito.
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I don't have any access to 93 in Cali. I'll be getting my pulley installed tomorrow. I'm stuck using a bottle of Boostane shot in each tank.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I don't have any access to 93 in Cali. I'll be getting my pulley installed tomorrow. I'm stuck using a bottle of Boostane shot in each tank.
are you getting any dyno numbers? I am dying to get mine installed but just a waiting game at the moment.

·
Registered
46 Posts
are you getting any dyno numbers? I am dying to get mine installed but just a waiting game at the moment.
Not sure if my installer will have time to dyno also at this time. Most people said it's good to put a few miles on the car to let everything settle in before doing a dyno run so I'll probably wait a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
In The Market
122 Posts
I'm in CA too and I have spoken to Steve about running an incognito on 91. He said that it is safe to run it on 91 as long as it is not on a 6.2HO engine. As long as its not red eye or demon it is safe to run it. Obviously, a little Boostane or Boostane Professional will raise the octane and be a good extra layer against any form of knock or retarded timing. I plan on pairing an incognito with a custom flex fuel tune to run e85 since it is becoming more and more popular in SoCal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had my incognito installed last night with JLT catch can and JLT intake. The whine sounds amazing with the JLT. As far as the power gain, im unsure if i notice much. Im hoping that perhaps it has alot to do with south florida heat. I did notice im getting 14psi boost at WOT, vs the typical 11.5lbs of boost stock. This SHOULD make a difference. I am hoping to dyno in the coming weeks, will keep this thread informed.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,394 Posts
Had my incognito installed last night with JLT catch can and JLT intake. The whine sounds amazing with the JLT. As far as the power gain, im unsure if i notice much. Im hoping that perhaps it has alot to do with south florida heat. I did notice im getting 14psi boost at WOT, vs the typical 11.5lbs of boost stock. This SHOULD make a difference. I am hoping to dyno in the coming weeks, will keep this thread informed.
Did you do a stock baseline dyno? If not, you won’t know your true results.

R.K.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Reactions: str8 2hell

·
Registered
46 Posts
Be sure to give the car some time to adapt to the added boost. When I first put mine on I didn't notice much either. After a couple hundred miles it has definitely made a difference. And I'm still using my stock intake. I see about 12.5 pounds in California with 100+ temps.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger Hellcat
86 Posts
Be sure to give the car some time to adapt to the added boost. When I first put mine on I didn't notice much either. After a couple hundred miles it has definitely made a difference. And I'm still using my stock intake. I see about 12.5 pounds in California with 100+ temps.
In Cali? What gas are you using? I looked into the Incognito, but I'd rather not fiddle around with octane boosters, especially reading about them discoloring injectors, and all we have is 91 octane...

·
Registered
46 Posts
In Cali? What gas are you using? I looked into the Incognito, but I'd rather not fiddle around with octane boosters, especially reading about them discoloring injectors, and all we have is 91 octane...
I mix 1.5 gallons of E85 to 14 gallons of 91 to run a an approximate E17 mix (92 octane) and then I add 1 bottle of Boostane shot (4oz) to my tank. This gives me approximately 94-95 octane. I've ran 4 tanks so far and pulled a plug and no orange hazing. I think most of the cars that are getting the heavy orange deposits are mixing octane boosters at much stronger levels. That and I'm not sure if the little added Ethanol helps keep things cleaner. I'm showing no knock with this combination and the car runs extremely strong. I will run a few more tanks and pull another plug to check for orange hazing or deposits.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger Hellcat
86 Posts
I mix 1.5 gallons of E85 to 14 gallons of 91 to run a an approximate E17 mix (92 octane) and then I add 1 bottle of Boostane shot (4oz) to my tank. This gives me approximately 94-95 octane. I've ran 4 tanks so far and pulled a plug and no orange hazing. I think most of the cars that are getting the heavy orange deposits are mixing octane boosters at much stronger levels. That and I'm not sure if the little added Ethanol helps keep things cleaner. I'm showing no knock with this combination and the car runs extremely strong. I will run a few more tanks and pull another plug to check for orange hazing or deposits.
Thanks for the detailed info. I wish we had higher octane, but at least your method seems to be working. Maybe I'll reconsider it down the road...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did you do a stock baseline dyno? If not, you won’t know your true results.

R.K.
Just getting back around to this. As mentioned, no I didn't run a baseline dyno. With everything going on, it was hard to find the time and the shop was overcrowded. Im sure i will not get the EXACT numbers of gain, however, a rough estimate of gain is easily attainable through a post-install dyno. The base WHP of the car is relatively the same, perhaps conditions and a slight variation. Another reason i didn't bother with the dyno is south Florida summertime readings are going to be poor. I am interested in getting it down when the temps cool.

As far as the draggy 60-130 pull, i gains a little over 1 second. I am convinced i'm doing something wrong as my times seem pretty crappy. to be fair, only ran about 5 pulls prior and 5 pulls post install.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I wish I would have done a before and after tune on mine. I can feel the power and see 2lbs more of boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Timeslips or hp before and after are key. Nobody cares about the butt dyno. However, so long as youre happy with your car, rock on.

I put a 2.85 and Tim Barth tune in mine and Im over the moon. Simple set up, no stress and proven gains.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
61 Posts
Timeslips or hp before and after are key. Nobody cares about the butt dyno. However, so long as youre happy with your car, rock on.

I put a 2.85 and Tim Barth tune in mine and Im over the moon. Simple set up, no stress and proven gains.
I've seen lots of dyno #s but only 1 track test and the guy never ran his car before so no true data to see actual gain.ET is the King!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
50 Posts
Anyone know what size belt I would need if I pair the Ripatuned Incognito lower pulley with a Metco 2.85 or 2.95 upper pulley?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts