SRT Hellcat Forum banner

321 - 340 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
250 Posts
btw I have the petty's garage subframe connectors. I don't race yet... but when I am taking highway exits a bit faster than I should I feel like they. have stabilized the car more; as compared to when I didn't have them. I also have the front strut bar from Speedlogix and the rear strut from Mopar. Again don't race but I felt the difference immediately, imho. the most recent mods are the b-woody control arms and sophn endlinks. purchased everything from b-woody's website. I believe my car handles pretty well after all those mods. future suspension mods will include the following:

1.) KW Variant 2's (already have the KW HAS time for an upgrade; would like to do Variant 4's but don't have that kind of cash)
2.) Every BMR bushing I could purchase for a '15 Challenger HC.
3.) SPC front control arms.
4.) Wider meats all around. Trackday's posts and responses on my posts have given me some ideas. Will share more when I have more details.
5.) Lil Devil's fender flares. (just to support number 4 and I like the look :) )

On the power side... all I can say is stay tuned :) I may go crazy.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,126 Posts
btw I have the petty's garage subframe connectors. I don't race yet... but when I am taking highway exits a bit faster than I should I feel like they. have stabilized the car more; as compared to when I didn't have them. I also have the front strut bar from Speedlogix and the rear strut from Mopar. Again don't race but I felt the difference immediately, imho. the most recent mods are the b-woody control arms and sophn endlinks. purchased everything from b-woody's website. I believe my car handles pretty well after all those mods. future suspension mods will include the following:

1.) KW Variant 2's (already have the KW HAS time for an upgrade; would like to do Variant 4's but don't have that kind of cash)
2.) Every BMR bushing I could purchase for a '15 Challenger HC.
3.) SPC front control arms.
4.) Wider meats all around. Trackday's posts and responses on my posts have given me some ideas. Will share more when I have more details.
5.) Lil Devil's fender flares. (just to support number 4 and I like the look :) )

On the power side... all I can say is stay tuned :) I may go crazy.
We think alike. I just can't change the height on this one. It will be fun making it stiffer.

The big meats should do good things. Good luck, we will be watching.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6 Posts
Need basic settings for stock Charger Hellcat at Jzilla Track Day at Road Atlanta Saturday
So far:

Tire pressure on stock Pirelli's (they'll be shredded after this event) 28
Track or Sport settings????

(Bondurant instructors seemed to go with street suspension, I think with Sport settings. Maybe Traction Control?))

I will be relying on Senor ZF A8 for all my shifts. He seems to be smarter and faster than me.

My experience is that the car is pretty forgiving and pretty balanced. It seems to give you a lot of notification before doing anything embarrassing. Any other hints? I have all the turn-ins, apexes, and exits diagrammed, GOK if I will be able to hit some of them.

Had complete tech inspection. Nothing falling off, so far!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
There's a lot of general advice that may be appropriate but to help out can you describe your track experience? Autox?
Are instructors available at this Jzilla event?
Have any friends in similar types of cars that have some experience who you could either ride with or do a lead/follow series of laps ?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6 Posts
3 day Bondurant school in Charger Hellcat, AMP track day with my Hellcat and the stock Pirellis. Drag races at Atlanta Dragway. I don't run the car hard on the street.

My objectives are to circle the track safely and smoothly.

Novice class, passing only on 2 straights. Only difference in what I have done is that there are cars of all classes in the novice group. All my track experience was all Hellcats at Bondurant and mostly Corvettes at AMP.

Thus the request on setup before I get on the track.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,126 Posts
3 day Bondurant school in Charger Hellcat, AMP track day with my Hellcat and the stock Pirellis. Drag races at Atlanta Dragway. I don't run the car hard on the street.

My objectives are to circle the track safely and smoothly.

Novice class, passing only on 2 straights. Only difference in what I have done is that there are cars of all classes in the novice group. All my track experience was all Hellcats at Bondurant and mostly Corvettes at AMP.

Thus the request on setup before I get on the track.
I'll. Help. The 28 psi on the Pirelli is good. They may heat up for 10 more PSI, and that is about perfect at 36-38 psi. I use full Track Mode. That is my opinion, some others may do it different, but that works best until you get more comfortable with it. I also use Castrol SRF brake fluid, Motul and others make a comparable fluid. Plus, use at least the Brembo Pads or a higher heat pad. I even use different rotors for track days.

Other than that, go do it, it will work great. Problem for others on HPDE days is they have a real hard time passing a Hellcat on a straight, if you won't let them around.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
@DGatzby gave you some good advice as expected.
Not much setup advice is needed other than that. Definitely run a good brake fluid and don't try to abs stop every corner. Smooth driving and slow in fast out are the gospel with these cars. Focus on hitting your apexes and tracking out.
But... make sure everyone hears that supercharger as you run them down.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,126 Posts
@DGatzby gave you some good advice as expected.
Not much setup advice is needed other than that. Definitely run a good brake fluid and don't try to abs stop every corner. Smooth driving and slow in fast out are the gospel with these cars. Focus on hitting your apexes and tracking out.
But... make sure everyone hears that supercharger as you run them down.
They tell me we are loud coming from behind and real, real loud as we go around them.

Also, like @TrackDay says, concentration on using ALL the track on corners and work on driving the line correct and you will be amazed at what can be done.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,383 Posts
Any of you ever thought of trying linear lowering springs (like Hotchkis or Hurst) instead of the progressive springs?

I know you may get a slightly harsher street ride but there would be no mystery of when the progressive springs change rates.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
In The Market
116 Posts
Any of you ever thought of trying linear lowering springs (like Hotchkis or Hurst) instead of the progressive springs?

I know you may get a slightly harsher street ride but there would be no mystery of when the progressive springs change rates.

Thoughts?
You can usually tell when that happens after driving a while. The real question is if you're satisfied with the initial rate while you're hustling around a track because soft to stiff may not be optimal for performance but stiff to stiffer might.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
Linear is preferred yes, on track, but the real issue is there are no springs at a good rate once you put some good tires on the car. They are heavily biased towards a comfortable ride on the street.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,383 Posts
Linear is preferred yes, on track, but the real issue is there are no springs at a good rate once you put some good tires on the car. They are heavily biased towards a comfortable ride on the street.
Yes.
I was looking into some custom springs. Eibach wants a minimum 50 set order. That ain’t happening.
Hotchkis said they may do one in the future.
Guess it will be Mopar, Eibach pro kit or KW HAS.
I don’t want to lose the adaptive suspension with coilovers and struts.

·
Registered
In The Market
116 Posts
Yes.
I was looking into some custom springs. Eibach wants a minimum 50 set order. That ain’t happening.
Hotchkis said they may do one in the future.
Guess it will be Mopar, Eibach pro kit or KW HAS.
I don’t want to lose the adaptive suspension with coilovers and struts.
If go with KW but probably they are $$$$$$$

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,126 Posts
Dave, nice. Did you have the alignment shop verify how much negative camber you added, or is that 3/8-1/2" about right you have found from experience? I am going to get the complete set from AAD myself this winter.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,383 Posts
Dave, nice. Did you have the alignment shop verify how much negative camber you added, or is that 3/8-1/2" about right you have found from experience? I am going to get the complete set from AAD myself this winter.
I wish I could tell you...thats not my car.
I am sure if you asked on his video he would tell you.
I am still planning a suspension set up for my WB Scat Pack....

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I'll. Help. The 28 psi on the Pirelli is good. They may heat up for 10 more PSI, and that is about perfect at 36-38 psi. I use full Track Mode. That is my opinion, some others may do it different, but that works best until you get more comfortable with it. I also use Castrol SRF brake fluid, Motul and others make a comparable fluid. Plus, use at least the Brembo Pads or a higher heat pad. I even use different rotors for track days.

Other than that, go do it, it will work great. Problem for others on HPDE days is they have a real hard time passing a Hellcat on a straight, if you won't let them around.
Regarding the tire temps: the tires are always expected to heat up, even in regular use. Why not use a higher cold PSI for stiffer sidewalls and better feel?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,126 Posts
Regarding the tire temps: the tires are always expected to heat up, even in regular use. Why not use a higher cold PSI for stiffer sidewalls and better feel?
On the street, I really enjoy a soft and comfy ride, they would ride harder. I don't need anywhere near its track capabilities on the street. I like my nearly $1,200 investment in my rears also and will keep them at whatever Michlien recommends. Believe it or not, I have never spun my street tires on the rear. I have spun the track set and the OEM set just a bit. I suppose you could, but then be careful to not over inflate when they get unexpectedly hot on a hotter day. IMO not worth it and not recommended.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
250 Posts
Hello all,

Some updates on my road-course setup. In a few days the cat will have the following installed:

- Mopar rear seat delete (not really a handling mod but helps with weight)

- Mopar Redeye spoiler

- BMR bushings and suspension parts
BMR-TR110R Toe rods, rear, on-car adjustable
BMR-SCB110 Bushing kit, rear cradle ockou
SPF-3048K Bushing kit, front radius rod, non-adjustable, elastomer
SPF-3052K Bushing kit, front lower control arm, inner, non-adjustable

- SPC Upper Control Arm
SPC-66045

- BBK Black Billet Hemi Hellcat Throttle Body 100MM (15-19)

- Front Sway Bar Set from HotchkisSport Suspension (#22121F)

- FI Interchillers Hellcat Blower Spacer Plates (not a handling mod but helps with heat; so I have read)

- Mishimoto intercooler hose kit (not a handling mod but I thought it would be cool :) )
MMHOSE - MOP62-15BK

Can't wait until this is completed.

Then some time soon I will get wider wheels, lil devil fender flares, new pulley, exhaust, 426 CI stroker kit, cam, exhaust and tune.

Will keep everyone posted.

321 - 340 of 378 Posts