SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Major dilemma here. Cat arrives in 2 days and there's snow on the ground here in Chicago. Not much but I did see the salt trucks. How do I not drive it!! Would a couple days of driving on salted roads be that bad???

What do do....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,189 Posts
I've already discussed this my dealer in the unlikely event that mine shows while this white stuff (cleaned that up for the kids!) is on the ground. Enclosed trailer to my house from dealership. Straight into storage until spring!

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
Major dilemma here. Cat arrives in 2 days and there's snow on the ground here in Chicago. Not much but I did see the salt trucks. How do I not drive it!! Would a couple days of driving on salted roads be that bad???

What do do....
Couldn't you just rinse it off somehow when you are done? Is there really any damage if you are removing the salt once you get it home? Seems like that would work. No way would I NOT drive my new Hellbaby when it came in..;)

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
600 Posts
Couldn't you just rinse it off somehow when you are done? Is there really any damage if you are removing the salt once you get it home? Seems like that would work. No way would I NOT drive my new Hellbaby when it came in..;)
I have the same dilemma in Buffalo. I guess I am used to not driving "the summer car" for 5 months out of the year. If you drive the car on a salty road even once you are setting yourself up for a lot of cleanup work under the car. I don't have a lift in my garage so it's a tough job laying on your back. Also, the salt gets in places that you can't even clean. I'm bringing it home on a flat bed truck on Monday. I thought about an enclosed trailer but it was already transported on an open car hauler anyway. So far the only driving that I have done with it is moving it around inside the dealership garage.

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
Mine is going to storage when it comes in.
salt is one thing but the other chemicals put down are another very corrosive.
That must be some deadly shizzy they use. I am surprised they haven't banned it for endangering the fish and other aquatic creatures. Obviously there aren't any car guys in the legislature!!o_O

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.