SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My WBRE will be arriving soon and I want to add rock guards right away. I been looking at the ZL1's and Swaim's Though I like the ZL1 shape better I don't like the clip's that hold them on and the Swaim's are a bit big and require drilling which I'm not a fan of on my new car. Anyone double side tape these guards on with success? Anyone lose a ZL1 from the clips letting go?
It sucks dodge don't make factory flares for the widebody's!

·
HOTM Winner
221 Posts
I was in the same boat. I live a mile down a gravel road so I had to do something. I went with the ZL1 Deluxe. Works great, stays tight. Not lost one in just under a year. I did break one thanks to a opossum on the interstate - Butthole. ZL was great and quick to get another one out.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Indigo Blue with Graphics Package
1,285 Posts
Go with Swaims for more coverage. I have them and they look fine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ordered the Swaims since i wanted them to be screwed down. I am going to contour them a little on the bandsaw to take the squareness off. You only have to drill holes into plastic so that doesn't bug me.

·
Registered
2020 Super Stock - Sinamon Stick, 2021 Durango SRT - Octane Red, 2018 Jeep JKU - Black
8 Posts
I second the ZL1. I have the rock guards and side skirts. I would not use double sided tape, personally, as our cars have a bit too much go to trust the tape. The clips for the rock guards hold well and you can use a screw (optional) in the lower corner. The wide body’s do have some variation in thickness of the inside panels...so they need to send you both small and large clips. I have also put these on my SRT Durango with success.
0FB21F8C-40F2-46A5-85A5-7253B268B782.jpeg
F99CBB63-13C0-4B1E-B999-5B3A3F3B3D08.jpeg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,154 Posts
I thought about drilling a hole or two at first, but I was shocked at how well the clips hold on the ZL1 rock guards. No issues with mine..
61404398174__E15B35D4-16C5-4816-A8F5-A03C0A41CC06.JPG

Reactions: JeepGeek

·
Registered
51 Posts
It took a month to have the zl1 rock guards arrive at my house for my regular body Hellcat. They had issue getting the pushpins for the rear. I do like the zl1 guards, they do not stick or stand out. The rears flow perfect with the rear. The fronts are a good compromise between looks and function and they definitely keep the rocks away without looking ridiculous on either the normal body or widebody.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Super Stock - Sinamon Stick, 2021 Durango SRT - Octane Red, 2018 Jeep JKU - Black
8 Posts
Has anyone seen any rock chips using the ZL1's?
I have not had any rock chips on 3 cars...the deluxe version is fairly thick and cover a good portion of the lower tire. I added the side skirts on the HC as extra protection because the NT05r being so soft - they are total rock throwers.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the shape of the ZL1's better even though the Swaim's would prevent more damage. I just don't really want to drill the car for the larger ones.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
125 Posts
I like the ZL1 deluxe rock guards I installed. They look good on the car. The clips definitely hold well and are not going anywhere for sure. The package came with some double side 3m tape for the front rock guards for the car but not the rear but like I said the clips do well enough to hold them in place.

The ZL1 rock guards in the rear of the car could show a little more but it looks good and I went with them as I wouldn’t want to go with other rock guards that make the car look like it has truck mud flaps.

Also I used this video as some help for installation and it was very useful. It was the exact tools you needed too. I have the regular body and yours is the wide body so not sure if this applies.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,154 Posts
what part number are those race ramps? I cant ever find some with an extension like that thatll clear by front spoiler.
- Actually, I just followed this post:

I ended up with Part Number RR-XT-2 HD 67 - And they just clear the front chin spoiler if your car is stock height. I found it hard to determine approach angles on the RR web site, but they work great and are handy to have with these cars.

Edit: I'm sure others like the ones above will work too......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts