SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well had my first RR against a supernice wicked Z06. (insert my first roll race ever I might add)Don't laugh to hard. My juices were flowing and got the best of me when he slowed down next to me an revved it..............again don't laugh too hard as you read along.

60 roll
had mine in full auto thinking for sure the oem pirellis @ 32 PSI would hook.......wrong.
pulled left paddle and held it till it kicked down to lowest possible gear allowed at 60mph. he did the same with his M7. you can imagine how the juices are flowing right????(insert local cop here about 4 cars behind us we didn't see)

I nailed it.................so did he. The CAI, incognito and mid muff delete were singing in unison. sweet sound of almost 14PSI were sweet music. Car pulled, so I thought, like a freight train........

I spun hard all the way up to 95 I think with the car fishtailing back and forth down the road with that cop in tow mentioned above remember. My spin and smoke show was impressive no doubt and was controlled but fishtailing none the less while i left the vette and cop behind. LOL

however
lucky for me vette guy couldn't shift or drive worth a crap and got more sideways then me at almost 100mph on a 55mph so the cop went after him and not me. If he'd have hooked vette guy would have cleaned my clock.

remind me again why one should NEVER roll race a HC on oem perellis...................LOL. what a ride. glad I was able to control it. I could see how many would have put it into the median or into the car i was racing.

That said,

I took the kitty home and hid it in the garage. then after the smile subsided, my heart slowed down and I finished wiping my drawers and the Laguna leather seats of excrement I headed on line to summit and ordered 2 bravados and 2 R888R's.

interesting how cars with this much power will pull so hard with tires spinning...........what times we live in.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
670 Posts
P0AS? If so, yes, no traction. But at least you can drive them in cold weather. Invest in some 305 summer tires and 10.5" wheels.

20210408_135108_HDR[1].jpg

Reactions: Blkout

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
5,843 Posts
There is no 2020 Z06, likely a C7 Z06 possibly not surprised though if it was a manual, as we all know autos are quicker in a drag race so you would have had a fighting chance with traction. A C7 Z06 A8 would have hurt your feelings though even with traction.

Nothing gets your adrenaline going like that though.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes it would. and your right. i was so shaken up when typing it originally I failed to type 2019.

It looked almost dead on to this one I pulled from the net.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,018 Posts
Cops are mostly Mopar fans that's why he went after the Vette....

Reactions: ROCMopar

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
127 Posts
Op looks like you had fun there, I would love to race my Cat against a C7 Z06 one day and see how my car does. I’d like to have my shot against a stock A8 Vette against my stock A8 Cat to be fair though. I’ve seen several races of them two through some videos online but the outcome usually ends up with the C7 Z06 at least a 1 ½ -2 car lead ahead of the Cat.

I’ve only seen one or two videos with the Cat ahead but because I think some C7 Z’s are held back with the full aero package they have and seem to struggle up top around the 120-130 MPH mark. By the way smart move on the tires, seriously the stock Pirellis should be tossed out as well as the black key lol.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
374 Posts
325/30/20
These are going to be very wide. R888R run wider than most: 305s are like 315s. I can only imagine how wide 325 are going to be. They will stick out a lot. What's the wheel offset? If you are getting the 21 mm offset 11" Bravados, no way it is going to fit a Challenger without a sizable spacer. I have 305 R888R on an 11" wheel and I run 15 mm offset. I could get away with 18 mm if I wanted to, but not with 21 mm. And your tires are much wider...

Unless you have a WB lol... In which case you will really enjoy your R888R. They are great tires as long as you are OK with not driving when it's wet and with replacing them often.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,018 Posts
My buddy has a 7MT C7 Z06 Z07 package. We roll raced a couple of times me in my 6MT Widebody Cat and he pulled ahead of me both times up to about 100mph. Same torque, 50 HP down, 1000 lbs. lighter, it makes perfect sense.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts