SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have a part number... I called Ron Davis directly. He's a great guy!

As far as the price... 1200 shipped.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
What's the difference from OEM?

All metal contruction?
Better heat transfer? More cooling? More rows?

Just curious. First I'm seeing if this.
TIA

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's the difference from OEM?

All metal contruction?
Better heat transfer? More cooling? More rows?

Just curious. First I'm seeing if this.
TIA
Full aluminum tig weld construction with larger cooling rows... It's about a quarter inch wider = greater cooling.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
What's wrong with the stock piece? No issues with mine, no over heating. I saw a few posts on bad tank seals earlier.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
It has larger (dual) flow passages (accounting for the change in core thickness.) This is the one I got them to build way back when. They had to tweak the 1st beta unit sent too me so all OE fasteners and seals would install. Nice to see one finally installed in a Hellcat. (Ron is a cool cat for sure...)

·
Registered
188 Posts
It has larger (dual) flow passages (accounting for the change in core thickness.) This is the one I got them to build way back when. They had to tweak the 1st beta unit sent too me so all OE fasteners and seals would install. Nice to see one finally installed in a Hellcat. (Ron is a cool cat for sure...)
Curious to know when you have time if this version you received is plug n play or did you have to modify things to get it to fit in properly-

Thanks

More cooling defiantly cant hurt-

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Curious to know when you have time if this version you received is plug n play or did you have to modify things to get it to fit in properly-

Thanks

More cooling defiantly cant hurt-
The last RDR unit I received went back with feedback. What Adonis installed is the result. He installed his feedback is above. Whats offered now appears to be spot on.

(It would have been in my 2015 car except I ended up with a 2016 and had to set aside this project too make the car swap happen.)

I am hoping to work with CRR to develop a complete cooling upgrade, fans, radiators, intercoolers the whole kit and caboodle. If it makes sense.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If a 2016 yr version for the HC challenger gets built and is plug n play I would be very interested in investing in one- My HC is in F status so it wont be too much longer for me -

I like the idea so long as you don't have to modify things to make it fit-

Thanks for the updates on this- From the images the build quality looks to be top notch-

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
If a 2016 yr version for the HC challenger gets built and is plug n play I would be very interested in investing in one- My HC is in F status so it wont be too much longer for me -

I like the idea so long as you don't have to modify things to make it fit-

Thanks for the updates on this- From the images the build quality looks to be top notch-
What Adonis installed above will work in a 2016 Challenger Hellcat as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Adonis... Any updates on the cooling efficiency?
I haven't really been able to test it. I think the true benefit will be on the track... I do plan on tracking the car this summer. As of now, it stays right around 180 degrees. I can also tell you it took almost another gallon of antifreeze over stock.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts