SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
I haven't really been able to test it. I think the true benefit will be on the track... I do plan on tracking the car this summer. As of now, it stays right around 180 degrees. I can also tell you it took almost another gallon of antifreeze over stock.
Are you running the stock thermostat or a 180?

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I am currently having this Ron Davis radiator installed in my 2017 along with a lot of other items.
As I live in a very hot climate (its 115 right now) lowering the engine temp is a good idea.
We will be using a 180 thermostat and tuning the fans for that temp range.
The Ron Davis radiator is very well made, and should really help in keeping the temps down with all the other mods we are doing.
Ron Davis is a local company, and I have worked with them in the past.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I'm most interested in whether this is truly a plug and play or if modifications are required. After that, what kind of usage do you plan for it? Street, drag, road course, etc?

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Mostly street driving. Occasional drag strip and maybe some top speed runs. The airport in Gila Bend (about 90 minutes from me) does quite a few of those. But like I mentioned, biggest reason is to run the lower 180 degree temps without having the fans run full time in this hot environment. The whole plastic tank thing on the factory radiator just rubs me the wrong way. Absolutely the LAST place to cheap out in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Ron Davis' stuff is top notch. Ran his unit on my racecar for 16 years, and still going strong when I sold the car. I will definitely consider their stuff when the time comes on the Mopars...

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
They made me a full custom radiator for another project (long term) I have been working on.
The 2 pass core is 4" thk/35" wide/19" tall. And the custom shroud fits 2 Derale 17" 2 speed fans. 2400 cfm each. Went with pin mounts. Its for a 470ci all aluminum twin turbo Pontiac.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well, my stocker is leaking where the core meets the plastic end tanks. If I am replacing, I feel like an upgrade or more bulletproof radiator is the way to go. With the problems others have had, I don't want to replace it again in the future. I have struggled with other aftermarket radiators in the past. I recently bought an AFCO for my mustang, and I mailed it back twice for mods. I basically helped them fine tune the fitment for mustangs of the same generation.

This Ron Davis unit sounds expensive, but if the fitment is truly perfect, it might be worth it...

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Well, my stocker is leaking where the core meets the plastic end tanks. If I am replacing, I feel like an upgrade or more bulletproof radiator is the way to go. With the problems others have had, I don't want to replace it again in the future. I have struggled with other aftermarket radiators in the past. I recently bought an AFCO for my mustang, and I mailed it back twice for mods. I basically helped them fine tune the fitment for mustangs of the same generation.

This Ron Davis unit sounds expensive, but if the fitment is truly perfect, it might be worth it...
Fitment is perfect.

·
Registered
135 Posts
What is the internal passage dimension in the radiator core of each tube that has the fins on it, versus the stocker? Are they round tubes or ovals?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts