SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've installed eibach springs, BMR front adjustable control arms and eibach adjustable rear camber bushings. My alignment is dead on as well. I love the look but this is my daily and the ride is very rough. I do a lot of driving on the toll road and it beats me up. I'm considering on going back to stock but wanted to know if anyone has experience with another lowering spring with a close to OEM feel. I do not mind a slightly firmer feel than OEM but I do not want to feel every crack and bump in the road.
Here is how it sits now.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,129 Posts
It's probably, not possible; w/o coil overs. Since these springs are shorter, they have to increase the rate so they won't bottom easily. Simply put, the more room to flex, the more room for "softness". "Maybe" different tires, at the minimum pressures may change something. I went from a Scat Pack Charger, w/o the adjustable suspension, to a Charger Hellcat, with the adjustable suspension. In the STREET setting, it is a LOT smoother.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,480 Posts
With the Eibach springs installed, if you have the adjustable factory suspension in the Uconnect, its like the sport setting before the lowering. So now keep the suspension in normal otherwise if you keep in sport after the lowering it will be extremely harsh.

R.K.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,039 Posts
Anytime you shorten the spring travel, the ride is going to be firmer. If its not what you want, then your best bet is to go back to stock.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the Eibach springs installed, if you have the adjustable factory suspension in the Uconnect, its like the sport setting before the lowering. So now keep the suspension in normal otherwise if you keep in sport after the lowering it will be extremely harsh.

R.K.

unfortunately I do not have the adjustable dampner .

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,129 Posts
Yeah, they are even rough with the stock springs then. Oddly enough, my Michelin PP4S were softer than my Goodyear RS-A2 All Season tires; on my Charger.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,929 Posts
I’ve had the KW adjustable springs for around 30K miles now and still very happy. Dropped a fuzz over an inch. Similar ride to stock, in all suspension settings, but corners much better...although I’m sure the lower center of gravity helped.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,115 Posts
unfortunately I do not have the adjustable dampner .
I have the same springs with the adjustable suspension, It rides almost the same as stock.

Reactions: ivey_usmc

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
376 Posts
I've installed eibach springs, BMR front adjustable control arms and eibach adjustable rear camber bushings. My alignment is dead on as well. I love the look but this is my daily and the ride is very rough. I do a lot of driving on the toll road and it beats me up. I'm considering on going back to stock but wanted to know if anyone has experience with another lowering spring with a close to OEM feel. I do not mind a slightly firmer feel than OEM but I do not want to feel every crack and bump in the road.
Here is how it sits now.

View attachment 570539
I run the Hotchkis lowering springs (part #19122) and found them only slightly stiffer than stock. Mine is also a daily driver and found the Hotchkis kit was a good balance between lowered and drivability. Here’s a picture with the Hotchkis springs.
61D8C2E5-E5B6-4AEE-9F0C-23C544D1BB66.jpeg

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,564 Posts
No experience with my Dodge cars but with another car I considered having the suspension refreshed and considered going with the factory sport suspension. Talked to the senior techs at the dealer about this and they advised me to not go with the factory sport suspension unless I was going to track the car. They said in normal every day use the sport suspension would result in a very harsh ride.

As others have mentioned lowering springs have to be stiffer. This can only result in a harsher ride. One might be able to mitigate this to some degree by installing smaller diameter wheels and running tires with more sidewall, but this will almost certainly affect the car's on road behavior and other than maybe making the ride a bit less harsh in negative ways.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I run the Hotchkis lowering springs (part #19122) and found them only slightly stiffer than stock. Mine is also a daily driver and found the Hotchkis kit was a good balance between lowered and drivability. Here’s a picture with the Hotchkis springs.
View attachment 570553

On another note what wheels are those?

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
168 Posts
In my experience eibachs soften up a bit and drop even more over time. I have a set of progressive rate eibachs on another car and at 65 or under and at 1,200 rpm it feels totally stock. One you lean into it and rev up you begin to feel the higher rate.

Really great springs but I have a bad back so I have to sit perfectly upright and head back in the seats all the time otherwise I’ll throw my back out. F I feel old and I’m only 30.

I would imagine the mopar springs will be softer but have not really researched it at all.The car looks AMAZING on eibachs and if I was gonna lower my cat I’d def go eibach but I am happy with the car stock

if it really bothers you justgo back to stock there’s nothing wrong with that. As long as you can live with looking at it at stock ride height.

i did this with exhaust on a v6 ats I own. Really hard to get it to sound F1 car outside but not drone inside. Tried 2 different systems and the drone ruined the car for me so I went back stock with hugely renewed appreciation for the OEM exhaust design. May be the case here as wel keep us posted what you choose

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
1,008 Posts
Look at the KW H.A.S. kit instead, and it'll allow you to dial in whatever height you want as well.
Part number:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
445 Posts
I had the KW's on my 15 Hellcat Challenger, and now have the Eibach Pro's on my 16. personally, I like the Eibach's better but they are a bit stiffer than stock. It really shows up on crappy road surfaces. The adjustable damping (to stock) does help. Run it in sport or track and it's really tight. The Eibachs do soften up a bit over time, and also drop a bit more.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In my experience eibachs soften up a bit and drop even more over time. I have a set of progressive rate eibachs on another car and at 65 or under and at 1,200 rpm it feels totally stock. One you lean into it and rev up you begin to feel the higher rate.

Really great springs but I have a bad back so I have to sit perfectly upright and head back in the seats all the time otherwise I’ll throw my back out. F I feel old and I’m only 30.

I would imagine the mopar springs will be softer but have not really researched it at all.The car looks AMAZING on eibachs and if I was gonna lower my cat I’d def go eibach but I am happy with the car stock

if it really bothers you justgo back to stock there’s nothing wrong with that. As long as you can live with looking at it at stock ride height.

i did this with exhaust on a v6 ats I own. Really hard to get it to sound F1 car outside but not drone inside. Tried 2 different systems and the drone ruined the car for me so I went back stock with hugely renewed appreciation for the OEM exhaust design. May be the case here as wel keep us posted what you choose

Yes I think im going back to stock except for taking the rubber spring cap off the rear. I do not like the rake look and have heard people using heater hose to do the same thing and have that level look.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts