SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Running the hellcat through a automatic car wash

16268 58
Just curious..just wondering since all that water will be going through the hood like a drain.and the high pressure water shooting into the air induction....are we good or not?
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
I can't imagine taking my hellcat through ANY automatic carwash but I'm sure you will be good.

No different than a driving rain storm. The intake box has to have baffles and drains. Open it up and check it out.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only reason is west texas water has so much calcium and lime everything has to be softened and RO'd ..so it makes it impossible to wash anything at your house.

·
The Punisher
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,124 Posts
The only reason is west texas water has so much calcium and lime everything has to be softened and RO'd ..so it makes it impossible to wash anything at your house.
Add a water filter to the end of your hose (look at Wal-mart in the RV section) and enjoy using filtered water. Worked like a charm when I lived in Texas.

Reactions: Taclleh 1

·
The Punisher
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,124 Posts
Reactions: Gtotoy and Harley88

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,092 Posts
Why would you do that anyway????
Well, maybe your on a multi-day road trip away from home and you went through a rain storm. Or, you suffer from some physical ailment...temporary or permanent...
I read an article awhile back, and two key points:
a) If using an automatic car wash- go to a touch-less
b) If a manual car wash- never use their soap...bring your own
also, never ever use a chamois (old school days)

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,453 Posts
Why would you do that anyway????
For me. Lazy. Ha. I think I saw where your midwest guy. I daily drive about two fifty miles a day (three/four days a week) and am anal with a clean car. Plus I want to knock off the salt or whatever chemicals they spray/drop now. we have Family owned no-touch scattered through out my state. To me, they rock! Let's me detail on "good weekend and "maintenance" during week.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
644 Posts
I thought it meant "rinsed out" ;)
For me. Lazy. Ha. I think I saw where your midwest guy. I daily drive about two fifty miles a day (three/four days a week) and am anal with a clean car. Plus I want to knock off the salt or whatever chemicals they spray/drop now. we have Family owned no-touch scattered through out my state. To me, they rock! Let's me detail on "good weekend and "maintenance" during week.
Right on!! I was reacting to the image I get in my mind's eye when I think of an automatic car wash. I cringe when I think of them beating and scratching the snot out of my car!! I agree with the dirt and salt bath! I need to search out a nearby touch less that can get the job done once the evil white stuff melts!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.