SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O, this maybe a tall order, but has anyone thought about removing the air filter and seeing if there is a power increase and supercharger whine... Sorry for my crazy ideas

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,279 Posts
It's definitely going to change the sound of the intake. But I'd be leary to do it outside of the driveway or garage. Maybe being too cautious, but anything sucked up into that intake may cause a hairball...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very true,, I just wonder how it will sound, I have a green Air filter coming next week

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,279 Posts
I don't even know what they look like in person. So I'll leave that up to you to post a video!!!;)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NO, its Green air USA, Part # 7139, Video show it flows better then K&N

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
It's definitely going to change the sound of the intake. But I'd be leary to do it outside of the driveway or garage. Maybe being too cautious, but anything sucked up into that intake may cause a hairball...
I had a discussion about that with the Viper Tech at my dealership wondering how long it might be before reports of birds and other critters sucked into the intake start coming in. That would be an expensive repair!

·
Retired American Fighting Man
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,782 Posts
Is the Green Air Filter washable? If so does, it need a oil spray to coat it after washing?

BKuz

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,279 Posts
I've mentioned it on other posts before. A good inspection of the air box beforehand would be advised. A cap or block over the intake with a big red streamer draped over the hood while storing it maybe a good idea as well.
This car is going require more maintenance pre & prior to running it then your average grocery getter for sure...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the green air filter is a drop in like the K&N, Its not a CAI...

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
So you guys are saying that the stock intake does not have a filter or what?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
306 Posts
It does. I think they are debating how much power you would get without that restriction. Not a good idea in MHO.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just was saying the green filter will flow better, But the mustang guys take the filter off to get more power and louder supercharger whine

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I already drive a hellcat, so my headlight is open, the company is green air US, there is a video of them showing a stock filter and a K&N, and the green flows better,,, So I will be giving it a try..

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Cool I would leave the intake alone unless someone proves the after market is better. Main thing I want to make sure is not even a single gnat gets thru to the supercharger lol

1 - 20 of 134 Posts