SRT Hellcat Forum banner

81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
Usually what you'll hear is the sound of the air whooshing in when you nab the throttle, however, you'd be surprised at how much the stock airbox, specifically on the challenger, quiets the intake tract.
i just dont think one would be able to hear a difference over the banshi scream of the blower.. :) i hope im wrong because id love more blower whine ;)... its intoxicating!

Reactions: rayzazoo

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,852 Posts
I've run K+N filters and had no issues and I will try the Green in my R/T. I know it's not supercharged but if it works well I have no problem using it in the HC if and when it comes and could care less if the supercharger noise is changed I want more flow. What I would NEVER do is run w/o a filter and score any of my babies cylinder walls!

·
Retired American Fighting Man
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,782 Posts
Running without an air filter. Really??

I am sorry Mr. Kuniskis and Mr. Gilles, please don't void my warranty. I really don't know why there are feathers on the inside of my supercharger!

BKuz

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,852 Posts
I received and installed my Green Filter in my '14 R/T and will test. I know it's not a 376 Hellcat but mine isn't built yet and if it were it'd be hibernating.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,852 Posts
So far no issues with the Green filter

Reactions: hellcat1

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,084 Posts
So far no issues with the Green filter
Thanks Rob M took his car to Cars and Coffee yesterday and is going to let us know also. His is on the Hellcat, Im sure there will be know issues. It seems to me that the Green filter has way less oil then K&N's I bought in the past.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,071 Posts
Please do not remove your air filter.

Also, be cautious of oiled filters with mass airflow (MAF) sensors, because inevitably it will suck molecules of oil onto the exposed wires and stick there, causing massive havoc and loss of performance with your vehicle as it can no longer read the airflow properly.

I AM SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE and this was a brand new extremely high quality filter for the LS1 engine years ago (meaning, I never had the opportunity to over oil it). Thank fully, once I cleaned the MAF it was back to normal-but the wires were full of crud.

I will never put an oiled filter on another engine with a MAF. Not worth it IMHO. YMMV.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,852 Posts
My K+N never had an issue in my LS1 and it's been there since 2000

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
The green fitler is nothing like the K&N, You cant even tell its got oil on it

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
323 Posts
Most of the blower whine noise comes from the drive belt. Call Don Hampton and he can help you out with a 14-71 supercharger with a 3" wide cog tooth belt.

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
Most of the blower whine noise comes from the drive belt. Call Don Hampton and he can help you out with a 14-71 supercharger with a 3" wide cog tooth belt.
disagree

81 - 100 of 134 Posts