SRT Hellcat Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
13,621 Posts
Prius' for sure along with Smart cars(not sure what's Smart about it at all)!
Right? I hate those things. If you blow past them really fast the G forces from your Hellcat throws them off the road! LMAO! Just saying...not that I have tried such a thing...I may have witnessed it in passing...lol:)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
So just to let you know,, dodge is working on CAI for the hellcat

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,852 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
That's what the dodge rep told me at autorama,, he asked what I would like to see,, and we talked about things for life twenty mins,, he said there having issues with the heat vents in the hood letting snow and ice get in the belt and when it freezes, and you start the car, it breaks the belt....,, another issue is there working on it keeping the air intake dry,, he said they have to do a water test, where they car gets splashed and water goes over the entire from of the car,, the filter needs to hold up, and not suck in water to the motor

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,852 Posts
Paper filter gonna let all water in and break down to boot. Breaking the SC belt or either?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
For those of us that don't run our cars in the rain, and winter,,a cone filter may be an idea

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,852 Posts
I'll leave mine stock w/green filter as it will see neither. That's what the '14 R/T is for

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I think if you ran just at the drag strip without the air filter the odds of you hurting anything are pretty nill. But I bet you would not speed up. I am not positive. But you might slow down a bit. Most times the filter smooths out the air filter for the MAF to get a correct reading. For 2017 it seems you do not have to worry about that. I think they may be running SD. I wonder if they were maxing out the frequency of the MAF? Odd.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,876 Posts
I think if you ran just at the drag strip without the air filter the odds of you hurting anything are pretty nill. But I bet you would not speed up. I am not positive. But you might slow down a bit. Most times the filter smooths out the air filter for the MAF to get a correct reading. For 2017 it seems you do not have to worry about that. I think they may be running SD. I wonder if they were maxing out the frequency of the MAF? Odd.
"Linda's charger drops .1 and adds .3-.4 mph with no filter in the OEM box" ~ Top Cat

As for running no filter, check out 2:42 - 3:45 in the video below. It is the General Mayhem after doing burnouts.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Interesting and things you do not think about? Thanks for the good information.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
643 Posts
"Linda's charger drops .1 and adds .3-.4 mph with no filter in the OEM box" ~ Top Cat

As for running no filter, check out 2:42 - 3:45 in the video below. It is the General Mayhem after doing burnouts.

Hi Ray,

Quick question please:

Just to make sure was that .3-.4 MPH and not 3-4 MPH?

Thank you !

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,876 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,314 Posts
Yes it's TRUE And I've gone back to removing the filter while racing. Stock Box No filter.

I've found the LMI intake worked out better for my husband @Top Cat 's HC Challenger. "Top Cat" and is a great supporting mod for the higher RWHP.

Linda :)

121 - 134 of 134 Posts