SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Covered in factory warranty (corrosion), they replaced my entire hood, take it in.....................simple answer.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
366 Posts
Factory warranty covers corrosion written as a hole rusted thru a panel.

That bulletin posted earlier talks about fixing the aluminum corrosion. Bulletin does not equal warranty. Best of luck. I’m gonna print that bulletin myself and try again with my other dodge that has this issue

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Factory warranty covers corrosion written as a hole rusted thru a panel.

That bulletin posted earlier talks about fixing the aluminum corrosion. Bulletin does not equal warranty. Best of luck. I’m gonna print that bulletin myself and try again with my other dodge that has this issue
New hood is the only resolution I will accept. No reason for me to think it won't come back with a repair if they can't even get it right from the factory. I'm stopping by local dealer next week for them to document & submit

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
366 Posts
New hood is the only resolution I will accept. No reason for me to think it won't come back with a repair if they can't even get it right from the factory. I'm stopping by local dealer next week for them to document & submit

Well that’s a tough sell. You don’t get to dictate when under warranty. If your paying for the repair, sure...

I’m sure you understand aluminum, corrosion, surface prep, and it’s relation to paint and primer properly adhering. But just in case you don’t, it’s typically pin hole corrosion on the bare surface that’s missed before heading to prep for paint. Happens in body shops as well on new bare aluminum panels. My buddy owns a couple
Body shops and has told me aluminum panels require a lot more attention to detail when replacing them for insurance jobs or these issues happen. If you read the TSB, the dealer will try to sand the pin holes until they are gone. If they can’t, the panel needs to be replaced. If they can get rid of them, the pin holes won’t be why the paint fails again. Not saying it won’t fail again due to improper application, but it won’t be for the same reason. Let us know what happens. I already know the outcome if your not willing to take it to dealer and just tell them to order a new hood because you want one

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
32 Posts
Two dealers told me it would have to be approved first then they would call me back in couple months to apparently repaint the hood do to the back log. I ask if they would outright replace it they said that no way.

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Two dealers told me it would have to be approved first then they would call me back in couple months to apparently repaint the hood do to the back log. I ask if they would outright replace it they said that no way.
I'm prepared to fight Dodge. I'm sure they will deny doing ANYTHING to fix it first anyway. What else is new, right?

Couple months to resolve this? Nope.

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well that’s a tough sell. You don’t get to dictate when under warranty. If your paying for the repair, sure...

I’m sure you understand aluminum, corrosion, surface prep, and it’s relation to paint and primer properly adhering. But just in case you don’t, it’s typically pin hole corrosion on the bare surface that’s missed before heading to prep for paint. Happens in body shops as well on new bare aluminum panels. My buddy owns a couple
Body shops and has told me aluminum panels require a lot more attention to detail when replacing them for insurance jobs or these issues happen. If you read the TSB, the dealer will try to sand the pin holes until they are gone. If they can’t, the panel needs to be replaced. If they can get rid of them, the pin holes won’t be why the paint fails again. Not saying it won’t fail again due to improper application, but it won’t be for the same reason. Let us know what happens. I already know the outcome if your not willing to take it to dealer and just tell them to order a new hood because you want one
I actually do have the right to contest a repair over a replacement. Will I get it? We don't know yet, but I'm not going to just say ok to whatever they tell me. That's why these big companies bulldoze people...b/c too many people let them!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts