SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
711 Posts
What are the laws like where you live? Street racing here is comparable to drunk driving when it comes to the law, and the penalties are draconian:

• An immediate seven-day licence suspension and seven-day vehicle impoundment at roadside when a police officer has reasonable and probable grounds to believe the offence was committed
If convicted:
  • Fines from $2,000 to $10,000
  • Courts can impose a driver licence suspension of up to 10 years for a second conviction within 10 years
  • The accumulation of six demerit points, a maximum licence suspension of two years for a first conviction and a maximum six months in jail.

Yes; you read that right. They suspend your license and take your car right then and there for 7 days. No judge, no jury, no day in court. Roadside justice.

And a minimum 1 year ban on driving Canada wide upon conviction. No thanks.

If I even sense someone wants to race me at a light I just accelerate slowly and let them go.

Be safe and good luck.
Same here. Its just not worth it anymore.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
32 Posts
Nah man those days are behind me. I dont want to ruin my license/insurance and most of all hurt someone.
Same here. Don't need to go to jail and get my car impounded. I turned 63 yesterday and have made it this far without jail time. Speeding tickets aren't cheap anymore, either. My first ticket was a result of street racing in 1974 (69 Charger R/T). Cost me $25 or half a week's salary from my part time job.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts