SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a question about my build
Currently I have id 1050x injectors, 2.85 upper and 10% lower pulley, cranked pin. My goal is 800whp . Is my current setup safe?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Indigo Blue with Graphics Package
1,239 Posts
I ran that setup on 93 with no issues. I'm not sure how it would work on 91 unless it's pulling a lot of timing. It may be possible to run that setup on 91 with a little Boostane added??

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
My opinion way to much boost for 91, even 93. You can limit timing and add a octane booster but you’d be better off going to a smaller upper or back to a stock lower bit better yet go corn!!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
BTW, here’s what long term use of a octane booster is going to net you, filled in exhaust valve pockets which it going to up your CR and lead to detonation even sooner. I ran a 2.85 on stock lower ported blower making 17.5 psi peak boost, made 855 wheel religiously, 9000 miles later going forged and this is what my combustion chambers look like. Didnt look all the bad at first until I realized the exhaust valves had a deep V recess to them that was totally filled flat with MMT residue. And this is from Octanium Unleaded which is the best working booster I tested rated sensor safe etc . Took almost 2 hours per cylinder to remove the stuff, no solvents cut it, this is after running400 gallons of corn, NOTHING takes the stuff off except sanding discs!!! I used to swear by the stuff, glad I’m running corn now as I won’t rely on octane boosters as a daily supplement anymore.
A237039D-BB06-418D-AF89-D7BE215FBF53.jpeg
9787A2BF-E51B-4876-8089-2A46E65271AA.jpeg
77BBDC93-8D48-45E6-BFAE-3E7ECFF01354.jpeg
32977070-4B42-461F-86B4-ABF38923EF7F.jpeg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
2,022 Posts
Good info so far, just want to add one thing. You CAN blow an engine up with stock everything and a crapola tune. The mechanical parts just give you more capability and options when tuning. Still gotta be smart using them!

·
Registered
26 Posts
To be frank with you, absolutly not safe power level on 91. Detonation will grenade your motor in no time

If you don't have access to 94 octane blended with ethanol, and want to run the build you 1st posted about then get yourself a proper water meth injection to make it safe, or stay really mild on the pulley/tune combo

Last thing, always buy premium brand injectors you don't wanna cheap on that. Most setup blown are because the fuel pump or injector failed

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,509 Posts
So I have a question about my build
Currently I have id 1050x injectors, 2.85 upper and 10% lower pulley, cranked pin. My goal is 800whp . Is my current setup safe?
Not safe for 93. That's really pushing it. You might get away with it for a while but long term is questionable, and there's always a chance of a bad tank of gas. This is also assuming you're near sea level, if you're at higher altitude, then you're safe.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,509 Posts
I ran that setup on 93 with no issues. I'm not sure how it would work on 91 unless it's pulling a lot of timing. It may be possible to run that setup on 91 with a little Boostane added??
You may have gotten lucky for a while but that's not a safe combination for 93 octane.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Indigo Blue with Graphics Package
1,239 Posts
Strange, I ran that setup for 3 years. Maybe I did just get lucky.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts