SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Showed the GSM a 4% under invoice from back east shown on this forum, dealer said the best he could do was 3% under and acknowledged the offer was open to all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Showed the GSM a 4% under invoice from back east shown on this forum, dealer said the best he could do was 3% under and acknowledged the offer was open to all.
Hey brother can you please post or DM me the info for this dealer and who you were in contact with? I’ve been trying to find something local for months now!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey brother can you please post or DM me the info for this dealer and who you were in contact with? I’ve been trying to find something local for months now!
Check your PMs

·
Registered
2022 Redeye on order
352 Posts
Going by my exact build this can be legit. On my car 3% net/nets my dealer $200ish before any back end profit. 4% puts them in the negative.
The math works on what Ross61 says.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what the GSM alluded to also. Also said any rebates / cash-back offers will be applied.

·
Registered
2022 Redeye on order
352 Posts
That's what the GSM alluded to also. Also said any rebates / cash-back offers will be applied.
Exactly that’s what I have been saying all along.
Could I structure a deal at 4% under?- yes but you are going to take my $900 doc fee, my paint and fabric protection, my overpriced nitrogen inflated tires, door edge guards, I’m definitely stealing your trade, I’m financing you through a lender that is to my advantage.
You get the point in the end it is not cut and dry.
As I said your math works congrats on your car.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^ Nah, the 4% an 5% dealer is being incentivized elsewhere on the lessor selling vehicles (ie, they are getting the Charger GT at a better deal from the factory, etc).

Dodge makes profit on volume, unlike say Rolls Royce or some other top end vehicle.

If you can sell 100 $80,000 cars a quarter, I will give you an extra point or two for each vehicle under $50K sold. (Not a bad deal in today's economy)

·
Registered
2022 Redeye on order
352 Posts
^^^ Nah, the 4% an 5% dealer is being incentivized elsewhere on the lessor selling vehicles (ie, they are getting the Charger GT at a better deal from the factory, etc).

Dodge makes profit on volume, unlike say Rolls Royce or some other top end vehicle.

If you can sell 100 $80,000 cars a quarter, I will give you an extra point or two for each vehicle under $50K sold. (Not a bad deal in today's economy)
That not true. They may pick up allocation on CSI.

·
Registered
In The Market
61 Posts
I just bought a trx from the east coast because of the 4 percent under invoice but 3 percent under and in california is still fantastic. Can you please the share the dealer with me. I’m considering ordering a charger hellcat or

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^ Check your PM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's good information and I had been asking around in CA couldn't get anything this close.
Think I am going to order one from them if I could have the information.
Thank you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hate to pour gasoline on a fire but I put a deposit down last night on a 2022 Jailbreak Charger. As promised, it was below invoice. But there is more to this story. So it's lightly optioned. $89,913 was the MSRP, $86,252 was the invoice and my quote was for $82,508. So before the Doc fee that's 4.3% below invoice. And yes, the Doc fee is $425. You can do the math. Now for the story that you have never heard (please correct me if you have). Salesman (super nice and said his goal was total transparency) called early last night and said that when he put his numbers back into the system that Dodge had just pushed through a $1000 MSRP increase on the base Hellcat widebody which in turn would trickle through to my bottom line number (less invoice pricing and a similar discount). Yes, well, my exact build on the Dodge site was over $90K MSRP - I understand increases are coming - just add it to the sales contract that came today along with a new Configuration Preview showing the increase from Dodge. Done. Got the new Configuration sheet, up $1000 MSRP on the base Widebody. Now to the contract.... yes...let's see....Cash Sale Price....$82,508. Salesman did not update the number and the Accounting/Finance Dept. used this value. It was a DocuSign, along with an agreement not to re-sell the car for 6 months to be signed as well. So the Invoice moved to $87,197 and MSRP to $90,913. That's 5.4% below invoice before the DOC fee. What did I do? I called the salesman and asked did he review the contract before it was sent? No, he did not. Can we run through the numbers, I think you have an error? Uh no, they sent all documents directly to you, I was not copied on the E mail. Well, the sales price was not adjusted to reflect any increase. The contract shows a cash sale price from your original quote. Uh, so the error is in your favor? Yes sir, it is. I told him to take a look and get it adjusted. I want the same 4.3% below invoice (plus the Doc fee of course). Will be sent in the AM. Before everyone starts inquiring about a Jailbreak at this price - full disclosure. The dealership has already ordered 2. This is the third and and the first for a customer. He has no idea if the order will be accepted. I asked are you a big dealer? Uh, not really that large in size but we specialize in trucks. For December we sold more Rams than any other Dealer in the country. They sell some Hellcats and a boatload of TRX's and SRT Durangos. No idea what this means but I already have a back up plan for the Base REWB Charger from this same dealer with slightly better pricing than the Jailbreak. I will post up after I sign the Jailbreak Sales Agreement and if that eventually falls through as "order not accepted" same on the Redeye. The Dealer is is Louisiana and the salesman has been very responsive if that geography works for you.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Config sheet shows higher, dealer provided written word original price is the price (plus tax, tags, and doc fee). We negotiated a price, not a discount (ie, $XX,XXX vs. "3% under invoice").

Finance department not required. Only POSSIBLE option I might consider will be will be an extended warranty to account for all the electronics and based on my research, that should be just under $2K and even then, I can go direct to Dodge and not worry about a finance person trying to add slush.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just signed my sales agreement for the Jailbreak Charger that I previously mentioned. Cash Sale Price was $82,508. They just left this figure and did not see a need to adjust anything even though the MSRP increased by $1000 during the back and forth. So the invoice was $87,197 and the MSRP was $90,913. Employee Pricing was $83,037. That's 5.4% below invoice before the DOC fee of $425. It's an all cash deal. I am skeptical that the order will filled by Dodge but I do have the order in, a deposit down, and a signed contract from the Dealership for the stated amount. I will post an update when the order status is updated.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you are interested, the salesperson is Francesca (very nice lady BTW). Her number is: 442.309.7144 (just spoke with her when she called to provide a status update and confirmed she was okay with putting this info out there).

She might be quicker to respond than the GSM. ;)

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
72 Posts
Can I also get name of said dealer please

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not sure if you're serious.... (ie, read the post directly above and previous to yours ;))

• Haha
Reactions: Moparian

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
72 Posts
Not sure if you're serious.... (ie, read the post directly above and previous to yours ;))
damn, doh. I'm not sure how I missed that. Thank you

1 - 20 of 29 Posts