SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're reading this and you're a representative Dodge, know that the removal of my ordered Satin Black hood without my approval is totally unacceptable. I will seek legal advice as I have a signed sales agreement with one of your dealerships. I refuse to accept the car you want to sell me. I ordered the car I wanted. The damn car has set for over a month waiting for a hood that you shipped the car without. I will flip this car as soon as possible and buy a car from a manufacturer who respects it customers.

Reactions: BossHawg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,198 Posts
If you're reading this and you're a representative Dodge, know that the removal of my ordered Satin Black hood without my approval is totally unacceptable. I will seek legal advice as I have a signed sales agreement with one of your dealerships. I refuse to accept the car you want to sell me. I ordered the car I wanted. The damn car has set for over a month waiting for a hood that you shipped the car without. I will flip this car as soon as possible and buy a car from a manufacturer who respects it customers.

They will just make you wait until the hood is available and send you a car. It sounds like you are saying that they shipped a car to the dealer without a hood, if so they can put on regular hood and sell it someone else. If you were promised a car as ordered it doesn't have to be that car, in your own words it "not as ordered". Good luck with legal.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
606 Posts
I would say the dealer is the one that would change the build or at least been notified that the build is going to change and the dealer should contact you after that.

is your car built...does it have a VIN.....has it been shipped?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,918 Posts
Step back from the ledge and relax.

Those at Dodge who schedule the orders, NOR the assembly plant, are going to change your ordered car, so you are yelling at the wrong person. Your dealer implementing it into the system has the ability to though. Dodge is going to make whatever is on the build request. As for legal recourse, you have none. If car comes without the hood, then the dealer gets to sell it as an inventory vehicle, all they are required to do is deliver you one with the black hood or refund your money if they cannot. Many people who order cars like this don't understand one important legal point; ordered vehicles like this are not legally binding until the car has been PRODUCED with a statement of origin and VIN #, the dealer has been invoiced for the car, and you have signed the full purchase agreement in the finance office stating the deal has been finalized and how it has been paid for (this is the long piece of paper you sign in the office where they try to upsell you everything).

My guess is your dealer changed your order a while ago to get the car faster figuring you would either be A) Happy and still accept minus the black hood, or B) Will be more than happy if you don't accept as they can then sell it for a markup and let you have the second one once it ever gets in.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,198 Posts

Those at Dodge who schedule the orders, NOR the assembly plant, are going to change your ordered car, so you are yelling at the wrong person. Your dealer implementing it into the system has the ability to though. Dodge is going to make whatever is on the build request. As for legal recourse, you have none. If car comes without the hood, then the dealer gets to sell it as an inventory vehicle, all they are required to do is deliver you one with the black hood or refund your money if they cannot. Many people who order cars like this don't understand one important legal point; ordered vehicles like this are not legally binding until the car has been PRODUCED with a statement of origin and VIN #, the dealer has been invoiced for the car, and you have signed the full purchase agreement in the finance office stating the deal has been finalized and how it has been paid for (this is the long piece of paper you sign in the office where they try to upsell you everything).

My guess is your dealer changed your order a while ago to get the car faster figuring you would either be A) Happy and still accept minus the black hood, or B) Will be more than happy if you don't accept as they can then sell it for a markup and let you have the second one once it ever gets in.
The very last option a dealer has is to paint your hood other than that Tannehill is 100% on the money

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,473 Posts
that sucks Paladin, so now you'll have a choice to make, accept the car minus the hood or walk and await another build. First thing I'd do is check with your dealer to see if they changed your hood option and if so, what they plan to do to make it right with you.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
999 Posts
Ask for the POC again, you will see what options were selected by your dealer. If the hood is no longer on there, you know it's the dealer that removed it

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,918 Posts
The very last option a dealer has is to paint your hood other than that Tannehill is 100% on the money
And this will obviously be done at Paladin's expense, the dealer won't do it for free as it will cut into their profit they want on this vehicle.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,198 Posts
Unless the Dealer changed it and there was an agreement between them for a black hood. Room to negotiate

Reactions: 440 Superbee

·
VIP Hellcat Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
470 Posts
Why not wrap the hood and then pickup an OEM hood when they are more available? Since your dealer (or their Regional Manager) is the only one who could have made that change, see if you can get them to commitment to install the hood for free or at reduced labor. Otherwise, flip it. Rumor is no more Sublime after February (see Torque News). Someone will pay you a premium for the car.

Reactions: 630

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
144 Posts
You can have a show-quality hood painted for $1K. You don't have to accept and buy the car if you don't want it. Dodge deleted my sunroof without my prior authorization and I'd prefer the sunroof, but not going to wait 6mo for one.

·
Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,193 Posts
Just keep it. I am guessing the dealer omitted the option. But if you or anyone else hears otherwise please let us know.
If mine comes in red, I will still keep it and the hood will stay red. Not going to paint or wrap it after the fact.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,464 Posts
It's entirely possible the dealer deleted the option, but it is also entirely possible that Chrysler did too. They removed sunroofs from submitted sold orders without agreement from the owners or dealers. Sent out a memo after the fact to dealers that they should notify their customers that the sunroofs were automatically removed from all orders.

I'll keep my opinion to myself on whether to keep the car or not due to it not having a black hood from the factory. It's an amazing car and hopefully you hold on to it, but if not, hey it's your money and right to do with it as you please. I'd just hate to throw in the towel after all this hassle.. :)

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,254 Posts
its as if people think they are going to get rich because its listed on the window sticker

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
118 Posts
I ordered mine with the black hood. Dealer said I could take this one now or wait until June for one with a black hood. I took it and it goes in Monday to get the hood painted. Cheaper to have the body shop do it than the factory option!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
368 Posts

Make them buy you a carbon fiber hood they are out there's

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.