SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the Dodge literature suggests two products for the Satin finish on the aluminum hood. I bought both. Mr Beasley's Opaque care and Swissvax. Before I use either product, any suggestions? I am also not familiar with the cquartz process. I read it is very good but kind of pricey. So do I wash and wax the car first? What is the best way to get my paint looking awesome. Ironx then cquartz??? I really want to focus on the hood. I am a newbie so I need the complete skinny on what to do. What about the interior plastics. What should I use. Also I am in Southern California and would be willing to go to pro detailer.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
272 Posts
I use the Zaino product line and Mr. Beasley's stuff on the hood. Both give excellent results. Invest in a buffer.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Dodge says buffer is no no on the hood. They are very particular in the care for the Satin finish. I have the original literature from them with explicit instructions on how to care for the hoods finish. Says no buffer! Says no regular soap. says a lot of things. My paint will NEVER meet Mr Buffer. Always by hand!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So your saying deal with it? Ok I can live with that for now. What about this Cquartz treatment? Are you familiar with it? Or what is the best wax to use? Something for the wheels ?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
78 Posts
So your saying deal with it? Ok I can live with that for now. What about this Cquartz treatment? Are you familiar with it? Or what is the best wax to use? Something for the wheels ?
I put a quartz product on the non-matte surfaces of the car. It works well. But it would make the matte shine.. So I'm not sure if the make a Quartz product that's for Matte paint.

From the other thread I bought the Harley Denim Cleaner and that does a great job of cleaning the hood and not leaving any streaks. I did buy a Matte Sealant from Chemical guys and applied that. That seemed to work well but not something you are going to do on a weekly basis.

The other option I will try soon (when I get my car back) is the Xpel Matte protection.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought a product called swissvax. It was suggested in the Dodge literature that came with the car. I think I will try that. About cquartz. I was refering to the rest of the paint job. Also the what do you do for the wheels? Interior?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
78 Posts

·
The Mean Green Raccoon Eating Machine
Challenger SRT Hellcat
325 Posts
May of has have used a "matte" paint protection film on the black hoods and it looks great and no more concerns about paint care
It also maintains the matte finish that eas intended and does NOT look shiny.
I used Expel and I am very happy with the results

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You happen to know the name of the actual product? And also did you install it yourself? Or did you have a professional do it. Located in Newport Beach area of Southern California. So if you happen to know someone who applies that type of thing can you please let me know. Thank you for the information, Mike

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
272 Posts
Thank you. Dodge says buffer is no no on the hood. They are very particular in the care for the Satin finish. I have the original literature from them with explicit instructions on how to care for the hoods finish. Says no buffer! Says no regular soap. says a lot of things. My paint will NEVER meet Mr Buffer. Always by hand!
You are correct, no buffer on the matte hood. My bad. But the rest of the car loves it!

·
The Mean Green Raccoon Eating Machine
Challenger SRT Hellcat
325 Posts
Yep, you bet!
The product is called XPEL Stealth (matte finish). It was professionally installed here in Chicago. I don;t know of anybody in California but there must be a list of installers out there on the web somewhere. Also, I am sure other forum members have had the XPEL product installed out there in Cali so you might just want to post the question. I have had it on for almost a year and I would definitely recommend it!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
131 Posts
Both products you have bought are great products for the satin area. As you mentioned CQuartz, I will add for that. Before the application of CQuartz, be in UK, Classic or CQuartz Finest, the vehicle will need to be prepped. In most cases, this means a full decontamination and some polishing. Then the product is applied to the entire vehicle's painted surfaces and the satin area can also be coated. It may change the look slightly, but it will be protected now for up and sometimes over 18-24 months.
As you stated, do not polish it, and any standard wax will more than likely cloud it up and look really bad, so stick with products made for that area and you should be okay. I would suggest finding someone who offers the CQuartz coatings and let them do the prep and application. It can be tricky, and if you are looking for CQuartz Finest, you can only have it applied by a professional.

HUMP

·
Texas President
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,336 Posts
I put a quartz product on the non-matte surfaces of the car. It works well. But it would make the matte shine.. So I'm not sure if the make a Quartz product that's for Matte paint.

From the other thread I bought the Harley Denim Cleaner and that does a great job of cleaning the hood and not leaving any streaks. I did buy a Matte Sealant from Chemical guys and applied that. That seemed to work well but not something you are going to do on a weekly basis.

The other option I will try soon (when I get my car back) is the Xpel Matte protection.
I just did the xpel "stealth" on my satin hood!! Keeps the satin looking "satin"!

Reactions: SC DETAILEL

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
647 Posts
I put the Expel film on the second day that I had the car, now three years ago. No issues and it cleans easily.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts