SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Washed my car last night and noticed while drying there was some crap on the hood right by the scoop. It's a bug that has sat for longer than it should I guess. I have the Dr beasleys kit, which I was waiting on it's arrival before I tried cleaning it off. Used the cleanser on the spot probably 10+ times. It removed alot of it but there's still some left. Anyone have something they use that works wonders on the factory satin? Really dreading that it's damaged now. 馃槬馃槬

Premium Member
2022 Challenger Jail Break
The satin does seem like a pain to take care of. On a regular painted panel polishing compound would get it out but not sure if you can polish satin? I'd google it.

If it's a bug stain, maybe mild alcohol solution (50%) or vinegar may do the trick. But again, this is for normal clear coated paint you'd have to google if it will F up the satin.

Hindsight is 20/20 but if I had a car with a satin hood, I would 100% get it PPF with XPEL stealth. I'd do that if I were you after you get the stain out.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The satin does seem like a pain to take care of. On a regular painted panel polishing compound would get it out but not sure if you can polish satin? I'd google it.

If it's a bug stain, maybe mild alcohol solution (50%) or vinegar may do the trick. But again, this is for normal clear coated paint you'd have to google if it will F up the satin.

Hindsight is 20/20 but if I had a car with a satin hood, I would 100% get it PPF with XPEL stealth. I'd do that if I were you after you get the stain out.
I've googled like 900 different things and can't find much info haha. The satin is a pain. But it looks so good. Still wouldn't go back and change it though. Car is brand new, bug was from the trip home. Ppf is planned. Still have a bunch to do before it goes in for tint, clear bra and ceramic. I did see a few mentions of 50/50 alcohol water solutions and such. I was going to try some dish soap today and see if makes any change if I don't find a better option.

Premium Member
2022 Challenger Jail Break
I've googled like 900 different things and can't find much info haha. The satin is a pain. But it looks so good. Still wouldn't go back and change it though. Car is brand new, bug was from the trip home. Ppf is planned. Still have a bunch to do before it goes in for tint, clear bra and ceramic. I did see a few mentions of 50/50 alcohol water solutions and such. I was going to try some dish soap today and see if makes any change if I don't find a better option.
Does the satin paint wrap slightly under the hood where you can try the 50/50 alcohol on a test spot?

Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak

Polishing/Rubbing compound on satin will permanently ruin it. I mean, it'll take the bug smudge off, but it'll leave a permanent difference in texture that will look like a nice smooth polka dot on the hood forever.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does the satin paint wrap slightly under the hood where you can try the 50/50 alcohol on a test spot?
The whole hood, top and bottom are satin, so yeah I can try to bottom first.
Polishing/Rubbing compound on satin will permanently ruin it. I mean, it'll take the bug smudge off, but it'll leave a permanent difference in texture that will look like a nice smooth polka dot on the hood forever.
Yeah it won't be getting polished. I'll leave the bug mark before I do that.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
I have a satin hood on a "17. I know it sucks to have a blemish but leave it alone. Even rubbing to hard can leave a permanent mar. With all its limitations, I would still opt for it again.
Spent a fortune on Dr. Beasley (good stuff but...) the best way to clean - plush microfiber with distilled water only, very-very lightly applied after each outing to get dust/bug shit off.

Registered
If you have rubbed it, you have already ruined it. I鈥檇 suggest Dr Beasley cleanser and let it soak. Don鈥檛 rub!

Washed my car last night and noticed while drying there was some crap on the hood right by the scoop. It's a bug that has sat for longer than it should I guess. I have the Dr beasleys kit, which I was waiting on its arrival before I tried cleaning it off. Used the cleanser on the spot probably 10+ times. It removed alot of it but there's still some left. Anyone have something they use that works wonders on the factory satin? Really dreading that it's damaged now. 馃槬馃槬

Registered

It鈥檚 not hard to take care of, you just need to understand the paint is flat, so rubbing like everyone seems to want to try, will shine the paint.
Satins profile is like spiked mountains. Rubbing flattens the mountains. Shines it!

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Dont rub with any pressure at all. you will shine the paint and then you are done. Water, let it soak, dab, and or lightly brush with a micro fiber towel, barely any pressure. lather rinse repeat. I had my TA ceramic coated including the Satin bits. turned out great and was way way way easier to clean without the worry of messing it up

For comparison. my 19 1320 wrapped hood with 3m Satin black vs my 18 TA satin painted hood Lighting makes a difference but they are very similar
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.