SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, kissed a curb when parking today, barley felt it , but here’s the result. Anyone know a way to repair this, short of replacing the spoiler? Any advice is appreciated

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
142 Posts
Reactions: DevilsReject97

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
142 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
856 Posts
You might be able to find a good used one from someone who did an upgrade.

Or:

If you want to put in the effort, you could fine sand (320-600, no more than necessary) the vertical edge below the radius, then scotchbrite out the sanding marks. Try to sand up/down or at least at 45deg. Then scotchbrite perpendicular to the sanding. The radius will be your transition for blend. Use/make a sanding block (old fashioned non-pneumatic.) This will create a smooth surface where you worked it, then transition to the textured surface at the radius. You may be able to get away with only sanding the affected area then transitioning gradually left and right. But it may be better to sand/sb the entire vertical surface.

Then wipe it all down with Armorall. Reapply Armorall at every wax.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You might be able to find a good used one from someone who did an upgrade.

Or:

If you want to put in the effort, you could fine sand (320-600, no more than necessary) the vertical edge below the radius, then scotchbrite out the sanding marks. Try to sand up/down or at least at 45deg. Then scotchbrite perpendicular to the sanding. The radius will be your transition for blend. Use/make a sanding block (old fashioned non-pneumatic.) This will create a smooth surface where you worked it, then transition to the textured surface at the radius. You may be able to get away with only sanding the affected area then transitioning gradually left and right. But it may be better to sand/sb the entire vertical surface.

Then wipe it all down with Armorall. Reapply Armorall at every wax.
Thanks 2nd!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
895 Posts
View attachment 569939 Hey guys, kissed a curb when parking today, barley felt it , but here’s the result. Anyone know a way to repair this, short of replacing the spoiler? Any advice is appreciated
Buy a tennis ball and rub it across it.It works really well, depending on how deep the damage is. It's hard to tell on a 2D photo.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,861 Posts
Challenger splitter? Just buy a new one. Theyre ridiculously cheap. Ive seen OEM as low as $85 online.

·
Premium Member
9,861 Posts
No kidding? That is cheap- where online to find one? - I checked eBay- not good quality, hard to find a wide body 2020
Thanks
Let me do some digging and see if I can find it again.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
1,004 Posts
Buy a tennis ball and rub it across it.It works really well, depending on how deep the damage is. It's hard to tell on a 2D photo.
If you used the tennis ball....do you have to do the whole piece of plastic so it's even? (like does it leave marks or a trail where you rubbed it?)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Challenger splitter? Just buy a new one. Theyre ridiculously cheap. Ive seen OEM as low as $85 online.
I hit something that was bouncing around on the interstate and it put a mark on mine got a OEM and a body shop friend put it on. He said it was good that I got a OEM cause he's had people with aftermarket stuff in and they don't fit

·
Registered
138 Posts
Tennis ball? I once again learn something here. I have a steep driveway and was constantly taking a sanding block to the lower edge. Finally bought some "bumpers" that mount on the underside to take the abuse. Those wouldn't have helped Superbee but has gotten me off the garage floor!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,109 Posts
If you used the tennis ball....do you have to do the whole piece of plastic so it's even? (like does it leave marks or a trail where you rubbed it?)
I think it just takes the burrs off and smooths the sharp edge to blend it in.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
895 Posts
A tennis ball took the damage off from the splitter guards that were stuck on my vehicle for 5 months before it actually was delivered. It had some fairly pronounced scratches. On the plus side, it can't hurt anything and it might help out :) Worth a shot!

·
Premium Member
9,861 Posts
I hit something that was bouncing around on the interstate and it put a mark on mine got a OEM and a body shop friend put it on. He said it was good that I got a OEM cause he's had people with aftermarket stuff in and they don't fit
Was talking OEM. After re-checking theyre roughly $150. OEM.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts