SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, this was a very depressing weekend...I am usually very careful how close I get to the curb, but this weekend, I was closer than I thought and scratched an ugly 3" long scrape along the outer rim lip:(
I know I can't be the only person that has done this...right? How can this be fixed or at least dressed up so it's not such an eyesore? I'd post a pic, but I couldn't get myself to look at it again after I did it. Made me so mad at myself:mad:

·
Bone Stock
Challenger SRT Demon
2,627 Posts
Check with your dealer or reputable body shop as there are companies that do wheel repair. A silver wheel runs $60-$100 for the damage you described.

Not sure if there is a company in your area that does the brass monkey finish.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,170 Posts
Had a BM scratched when I got hit. Took it to a local wheel shop and told them do what you can. For $80, it wasn't perfect but you wouldn't see it unless you knew where to look. After a while I forgot about it and I believe no one noticed it.

They didn't paint it. They just blended it in (how it was described to me).

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,292 Posts
Ok, this was a very depressing weekend...I am usually very careful how close I get to the curb, but this weekend, I was closer than I thought and scratched an ugly 3" long scrape along the outer rim lip:(
I know I can't be the only person that has done this...right? How can this be fixed or at least dressed up so it's not such an eyesore? I'd post a pic, but I couldn't get myself to look at it again after I did it. Mad me so mad at myself:mad:

Have you sacrificed a virgin yet???? o_O:(

Sorry this happened to you... I was just out this past Friday and parked along a curb, being my normal careful self, I stayed away from it, when I got out, I was a bit embarrassed at how far I actually was from the curb... Then I was nervous about my drivers flank sticking out in the street too far... 'Did my business in the bank and left quickly... :oops:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
448 Posts
Danny on here had his repaired. You couldn't tell it was ever damaged.
Pm him for who he used: Danny123

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
542 Posts
Mine were marred when the dealership did a force balance on the tire. They had it repaired by a "wheel doctor" guy who did a phenomenal job. Didn't even dismount the tire and the color was matched perfect. I was pretty skeptical that they would have to replace it but it turned out nice, so it's certainly possible.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
2,058 Posts
Yeah I know the pain I just did this a week ago.
Couldn't fricking believe I did it but oh well the pain has gone away.
No matter what you own or drive something will happen. I had a tree branch fall on one of my Ram trucks and put a dent in it.
That hurt more than what I did to my Hellcat.
C794D819-D46B-4C9E-9761-D2DC7B9C89A6.JPG

8EAFDAAA-48B2-43BB-9435-87527CBC977F.JPG

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I know the pain I just did this a week ago.
Couldn't fricking believe I did it but oh well the pain has gone away.
No matter what you own or drive something will happen. I had a tree branch fall on one of my Ram trucks and put a dent in it.
That hurt more than what I did to my Hellcat.
View attachment 97905
View attachment 97897
Yeah, that looks about the same. Life happens I guess. I'll check out some local wheel shops and see what I come up with.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,658 Posts
I did the same damage to my cat. I was going to buy another rim when my dealership convinced me to try the guy they used to repair this stuff first. When I got it back I couldn't even tell the difference! It was the best $100 I ever spent.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,715 Posts
I instinctively needed to readjust my crotch when I read this thread title.... painful

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
544 Posts
How much did they charge??
I paid $300 for two wheels. They dismounted the wheels and did the repairs inside a mobile truck which came to my house. They warned me that in winter time the paint is not as good due to drying time and enough heat to cure the paint. After a year, some paint has flaked off, but the repair itself is not detectable on either wheel.
I found several places in my area. One wanted me to bring the wheels to them. The others didn't seem interested as the local car dealers keep them busy.
Shop around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts