SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15802.jpeg
IMG_20160625_093416905.jpg
Killer Kat made its second appearance at Capitol last night. Tec line was not kind to the Kat! I was told I needed a 6pt roll cage, D's loop, 5pt harness to race there in the future. That sucks! They did allow me to run this time. I was able to lower et, raise mph and lower 60'... with some more practice I will be able to improve R/T... Love my HC, it pulls extremely hard all through the 1/4 mile and the MT Drag Radials hook!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,925 Posts
Great numbers for this time of year Wayne, the safety stuff sucks but there are still a few tracks near by that I think you are good to 10.00 stock
TC

·
NYS President
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9,004 Posts
View attachment 45102 View attachment 45101 Killer Kat made its second appearance at Capitol last night. Tec line was not kind to the Kat! I was told I needed a 6pt roll cage, D's loop, 5pt harness to race there in the future. That sucks! They did allow me to run this time. I was able to lower et, raise mph and lower 60'... with some more practice I will be able to improve R/T... Love my HC, it pulls extremely hard all through the 1/4 mile and the MT Drag Radials hook!
great running brother and thank you for sharing it with us.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great numbers for this time of year Wayne, the safety stuff sucks but there are still a few tracks near by that I think you are good to 10.00 stock
TC
Thanks TC... I'll try Cecil next time... have a good sayThanks bro...
great running brother and thank you for sharing it with us.

·
☆★✪ The Watcher ✪★☆
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,337 Posts
View attachment 45102 View attachment 45101 Killer Kat made its second appearance at Capitol last night. Tec line was not kind to the Kat! I was told I needed a 6pt roll cage, D's loop, 5pt harness to race there in the future. That sucks! They did allow me to run this time. I was able to lower et, raise mph and lower 60'... with some more practice I will be able to improve R/T... Love my HC, it pulls extremely hard all through the 1/4 mile and the MT Drag Radials hook!
wow they need all that just for you to run at test and tune???
also which slip number is yours? what was your number?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
2,700 Posts
Are you completely stock other than drag radials? 130 mph is stout!

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you completely stock other than drag radials? 130 mph is stout!
Yes... DSS DS, Weld Wheels, MT ET 305/45/18... purchased at and installed by HHP! It really pulls on top end... I think with that mph it could run lower ETs...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
227 Posts
I was in contact with the one of the rules committee members for NHRA (division 7) and this is his reply towards racing at NHRA tracks.... Unfortunately IHRA has no balls and will only follow suit if NHRA puts it in writing in the rule book :mad:

Pat Cvengros <[email protected]>

Jan 11
to me
I don’t see us changing this rule for now. If you run NHRA Street Legal or just bracket races at your local track you would be OK down to 10.0. If you run Summit, Lucas or a National event you would have to have the roll bar.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was in contact with the one of the rules committee members for NHRA (division 7) and this is his reply towards racing at NHRA tracks.... Unfortunately IHRA has no balls and will only follow suit if NHRA puts it in writing in the rule book :mad:

Jan 11
to me
I don’t see us changing this rule for now. If you run NHRA Street Legal or just bracket races at your local track you would be OK down to 10.0. If you run Summit, Lucas or a National event you would have to have the roll bar.
Thanks for the clarification! So if I run at a local NHRA sanctioned track I should be good down to 10.0 for regular bracket racing? Unfortunately, Capitol is IHRA sanctioned...

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Jan 11
to me
Does that apply with Drag Radials?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
227 Posts
According to Pat, yes- regular brackets and drag radials. I'm in the same boat as you. Our track is IHRA and the next closest track to us (which is NHRA) is 5 hours away.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,817 Posts
Great times for june. What was the temp that night?

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
According to Pat, yes- regular brackets and drag radials. I'm in the same boat as you. Our track is IHRA and the next closest track to us (which is NHRA) is 5 hours away.
Wow, I wouldn't drive my HC that far or probably not trailor it either. That's a shame! Forrunately for me Cecil is about an hour away MIR about 1 1/2 hrs.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts