SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Security Update to Limit Car to 2.8HP

9K views 52 replies 27 participants last post by  procharger 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Has any heard when this will be avaialble? - How Helpful Is Dodge's New Security Mode Feature? | MotorBiscuit

Might come in handy....
the search function on this site is helpful...been discussed a LOT

...and I'll stop there

#14 ·

It sounds like it's replacing Valet mode so you won't be able to have both. This doesn't surprise me, I figured it was going to be built from the valet mode but I didn't think it'd replace it. Nice part is it looks like it'll be available for 2021 MY on Monday.

I'm interested in the other two options. They offer two additional keys for a discount, I wonder what the discount will be. Why not offer the replacement module for a discount? Will the intrusion module be available in older models? I'm guessing it won't as it can be disabled from within the Uconnect unit but I will keep my fingers crossed!

#15 · (Edited)
Guys, I contacted my local Dodge Dealer, Lou Fusz Dodge in O'Fallon MO via emails yesterday regarding the software update and discounted FOB's. I was told they would get back to me today. They did via email. I asked about the two key FOB's at a discount and I believe they quoted MSRP: "the FOB's are $192.50 each, the key blanks are $67.50 each, a $60.00 programming fee, plus tax and "shop supplies". Vaseline? I asked what MSRP was and after asking twice was told "that is the price we sell them at."

They are looking into the software update and asked for the VIN. ***If anyone from Dodge is following this thread please reach out to the dealer mentioned above and get them up to speed on the software update and key FOB's. Let the forum members know what the discounted cost is on the key FOB's. I thought the last GM dealer I had to deal with on my 2019 ZO6 was bad. They now have competition. End of rant.

#22 ·
Great to see something is coming down, anyone else had luck. Do you have the TSB code?

#25 ·
Dealer said that was for a diesel truck not our cars at all and it’s been out since Sep last year

#27 · (Edited)
Ivory15Cat: This was sent to me by Rob at Dodge Cares:
"When you visit your dealer, give them this TSB number 18-068-21. This will ensure you get the correct update. Please let us know if you need anymore help while working with your dealer."

Rob
Dodge Cares

Another Ready-Fire-Aim?
I don’t know what to tell you, I went to the dodge dealership here and they looked it up and it’s for a Dodge diesel truck and they have had that TSB since Sep 2020

#28 ·
If Rob at “Dodge Cares” would like to chime in here, now would be a great chance to show Dodge cares.

#30 ·
Guys, my dealings with Dodge Cares are not positive. Rob was responsive to private messages. Above his level not so. There is a disconnect in the Dodge organization which seems to be typical in big corporations now. I asked if there was a Dodge district manager for my area and never received an answer. Love the products, not the service. End of rant.

#32 ·
Vet Rider, good points. My concern is that the dealership will screw something up when doing the security update. I going to think about it and may end up not doing the update. Lou Fusz Dodge told me the update can "take anywhere for 45 minutes to two hours depending on the vehicle." Ready-Fire-Aim.

#33 ·
Yeah it’s not a big deal. It’s a uconnect update and I assume a BCM update as well. The problem is people get access in the car and are able to pull the neutral lockout handle and put the car in N without needing a key. Then the car gets pushed away and loaded on a truck and it’s gone. At that point it’s basically parts I assume.

#36 ·
Guessing it will be 5 years before they get to 2015’s….

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.