SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about selling my Hellcat 2019 charger. I am located in Miami. I am not sure where to start, does anyone know of a dealer that will buy my car out or where can I go or know anyone interested. It's indigo blue 7k miles thank you

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
557 Posts
You could try Vroom.com, Carvana, GivemetheVIN.com and Carmax to at least get the wholesale value and then figure out if it's worth dealing with all the tirekickers to try and sell it private party.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Why selling so soon?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the car it's amazing but I need to get a bigger suv now for the family lol it's time for the toys to be gone lol also thanks for the websites I just sent the info let's hope it can be some good offers

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
48 Posts
Yea they didn't offer me enough I'm going to car max hopefully this week to see what I get
I don't want you to take this personal but Carmax will be a joke. After you experience that letdown let us know how it went. They want to charge the high end for all their stuff, but don't let that fool you. They will low-ball you!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,508 Posts
I'm thinking about selling my Hellcat 2019 charger. I am located in Miami. I am not sure where to start, does anyone know of a dealer that will buy my car out or where can I go or know anyone interested. It's indigo blue 7k miles thank you
I read down below (or up above) you are wanting another vehicle?

Why not trade the Hellcat in?

You can always take the car to a dealer and say "Buy my car" and listen to the offer.

Before you go arm yourself with info by visiting www.kbb.com and www.nada.com and there may be other sites and plug in your car's numbers and get the wholesale/trade in value, retail sale price and private sale price.

At a dealer (and CarMax at least) the if the car is bought almost certainly it will be turned around and offered for sale and by the dealer and retail sales prices are generally higher than private sale prices.

Be prepared to "negotiate" for a higher price. You have what should be a very good condition low miles Hellcat. The dealer will have to do nothing but wash the car and detail it ($100) then offer the car for sale.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't want you to take this personal but Carmax will be a joke. After you experience that letdown let us know how it went. They want to charge the high end for all their stuff, but don't let that fool you. They will low-ball you!
I actually was offered a fair price for my 2016 E63s when I took it to CarMax last year (replaced it with a GLC63 since I needed an SUV as my daily), and immediately accepted. Could have gotten a few thousand more private sale or maybe some other place but it would have taken dozens of additional hours of my time. And ain't nobody got that. It really can't hurt just to see what they have to say.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
48 Posts
I actually was offered a fair price for my 2016 E63s when I took it to CarMax last year (replaced it with a GLC63 since I needed an SUV as my daily), and immediately accepted. Could have gotten a few thousand more private sale or maybe some other place but it would have taken dozens of additional hours of my time. And ain't nobody got that. It really can't hurt just to see what they have to say.
Nice car! I noticed you said fair and that can be relative as to how deep you are in and how well you bought--very important factors. I was trying to speak in general terms of these muscle cars--Chargers and Challengers. I have always found other dealers to have better offers. If he didn't like the dealer offer I still doubt this to be any better...IMO as again every other offer outside of Carmax for me has always been higher.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea I'm expecting for this car to be low balled there. I've taken a lot of cars in the past but not this level of car lol I will let you guys know how it goes

·
Registered
218 Posts
I love the car it's amazing but I need to get a bigger suv now for the family lol it's time for the toys to be gone lol also thanks for the websites I just sent the info let's hope it can be some good offers
Say it is not so brother..trading in a Cat for an SUV??

Why not just get a toe-hatch and pull the family in a station wagon behind the Cat?

Tough times sir, but you have to take care of the family <good man!>. But you will be back in a Hellcat again. It is in your blood now.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
51 Posts
If you bought it at Kendall Dodge, you probably got ripped off. They were still charging over market value a couple months ago. I’d say you get $56k and that depends on options.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea I know I'm having trouble wanting to get rid of it but it's gotta go lol. Kendall dodge naw I got it at Sarasota did the drive for the right price

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,895 Posts
Carmax won’t typically sell Hellcatss. They simply wholesale them out so don’t expect much. Sometimes they can surprise you. Vroom seems to offer some people better money.

·
Registered
43 Posts
When I brought my SRT Challenger to a Carmax here in South Florida they gave me a super fair value, I was shocked. They had a Charger I thought I might want so I was just curious.

- Alexis
That's amazing! I've heard similar stories. However, my own personal experience was quite the opposite! They really low-balled me for my 2011 Challenger SRT8 392 IE.....offered me $10k LESS than what I actually old it for! Even my lowest offer was still $6k more than their offer.

·
Premium Member
Ram SRT
88 Posts

Eddierod001

Registered

Joined 10 months ago
50 Posts
Discussion Starter • #4 10 days ago

Stuff like this makes my head explody!

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you bought it at Kendall Dodge, you probably got ripped off. They were still charging over market value a couple months ago. I’d say you get $56k and that depends on options.
With brand new ones going for 56k, I highly doubt a dealer would be stupid enough to pay 56k. I doubt he could get that private party even.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts