SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
B5 Demon #2600, 1 of 1
Challenger SRT Demon
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tim,
I write to you for advice and to try to understand the process of ordering a Challenger Hellcat. I am hearing so many different stories out there and don’t know who to believe. Let me start by saying I love Dodge products and have had many over the years. To list a few I have owned a 1970 Challenger, 1969 Roadrunner, 1969 Coronet R/T, 1967 Plymouth Satellite, 1997 Dakota, 2000 Dakota, 2002 Dakota, 2005 Neon and a 2006 Dakota. Currently at home we have a 2005 SRT 10 Ram, 2008 Dakota, 2008 Caliber, and a 2014 Challenger Shaker.
I heard about the Hellcat and from that day on I have been excited to get one of my own. On 9-20-14 I ordered my 2015 Challenger Hellcat, picked my options, and placed it in the hands of my dealer to order. The same day it was ordered I got my VON #32417301 and was so happy I started to tell everyone I know “hey, I ordered my Hellcat” and most of my friends know what the Hellcat is so they said “no way, you’re getting a Hellcat. That’s so cool”
As time went on I contacted my dealer about once a month to see if there we any update and was told “we are still waiting for a VIN but it should be soon”.
So every month I kept in touch with my dealer and kept getting the same answer. Fast forward 4 months and on 1/15/15 I contacted SRT and spoke with one of the reps. I explained I have been waiting since 9/20/14 and still have no VIN, they explained that the dealer I ordered from has no allocations because they are a small dealer in Payson, AZ. I was told to “go find a bigger dealer with a allocation and order a car from them”. So on 1/16/15 I ordered another Hellcat VON #33212747 from Avondale Dodge in Avondale AZ. I made sure to ask them if they had an allocation as recommended by SRT and was told they had 2 for February. Now I am told that the allocations for February have stopped and they do not know when they will resume.
I guess I could have searched across the country as others have done buy I would like to support local business and would also like my name on the window sticker saying “built for Michael” I would like to thank you in advance for any insight you may be able to offer.
Thanks ,

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Sounds okay to me but add we have a list of VON's ans no news.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
974 Posts
I would be surprised if you didn't have response from Tim personally by Monday.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,084 Posts
The bottom line is I hope you can get a car, what if Tim dose not respond ? I would tell you not to count on him, don't give up go to more dealers if you have to. The end result will be well worth it don't give up!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
377 Posts
I am still concerned about comments that "The Dealers are Chrysler's Customers"
I believe that all of us in this Forum are the True Customers of Chrysler.
I wish that we begin to be recognized as such, and treated accordingly.
I congratulate any one in Management that reaches out to the people that buy and use the product produced.

·
B5 Demon #2600, 1 of 1
Challenger SRT Demon
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,650 Posts
Did you really expect to? This has been a cluster F*** from the beginning. I still question if it was worth it all.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
465 Posts
spam his message box with this vid it will surely drive him to respond with ur driving me crazy man!:mad::mad: ok anything u want just don't send me anymore NO NEWS!:eek:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,067 Posts
He probably doesn't have time today..... remember, today is the big meeting with all of the head honchos to figure out how to handle the Hellcat emergency!!

LOLOLOL

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,092 Posts
Tim,
I write to you for advice and to try to understand the process of ordering a Challenger Hellcat. I am hearing so many different stories out there and don’t know who to believe. Let me start by saying I love Dodge products and have had many over the years. To list a few I have owned a 1970 Challenger, 1969 Roadrunner, 1969 Coronet R/T, 1967 Plymouth Satellite, 1997 Dakota, 2000 Dakota, 2002 Dakota, 2005 Neon and a 2006 Dakota. Currently at home we have a 2005 SRT 10 Ram, 2008 Dakota, 2008 Caliber, and a 2014 Challenger Shaker.
I heard about the Hellcat and from that day on I have been excited to get one of my own. On 9-20-14 I ordered my 2015 Challenger Hellcat, picked my options, and placed it in the hands of my dealer to order. The same day it was ordered I got my VON #32417301 and was so happy I started to tell everyone I know “hey, I ordered my Hellcat” and most of my friends know what the Hellcat is so they said “no way, you’re getting a Hellcat. That’s so cool”
As time went on I contacted my dealer about once a month to see if there we any update and was told “we are still waiting for a VIN but it should be soon”.
So every month I kept in touch with my dealer and kept getting the same answer. Fast forward 4 months and on 1/15/15 I contacted SRT and spoke with one of the reps. I explained I have been waiting since 9/20/14 and still have no VIN, they explained that the dealer I ordered from has no allocations because they are a small dealer in Payson, AZ. I was told to “go find a bigger dealer with a allocation and order a car from them”. So on 1/16/15 I ordered another Hellcat VON #33212747 from Avondale Dodge in Avondale AZ. I made sure to ask them if they had an allocation as recommended by SRT and was told they had 2 for February. Now I am told that the allocations for February have stopped and they do not know when they will resume.

Ripped a similar letter off to Tim K's PR person back in October....no answer. My internet manager at the time agreed with the dissatisfaction with their long time MOPAR customers.....Good Luck !
I guess I could have searched across the country as others have done buy I would like to support local business and would also like my name on the window sticker saying “built for Michael” I would like to thank you in advance for any insight you may be able to offer.
Thanks ,

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
377 Posts
Hey Tim, Here's an idea!

Take all the names that have been waiting a long time for their HellCat,
Pick three people
Fly them to the plant in Brampton for a plant tour and let them watch their car go down the line!

Would get you a Hell of a lot more PR than another television add!

Reactions: Hemi4me2

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
377 Posts
Stuck for words?
Or had to bite you tongue?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.