SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had quite an experience with a CDJR dealership that made me wonder if anyone else has had any bad experiences with a CDJR trying to pull one over on them? Not sure how mine is going to end but when I find out ill be sure to let everyone know... sadly or fortunately I had some experience working at some really crappy places growing up so I kinda saw things going south...

I know I saved a long time to purchase my car, and its almost, if not truly a crime what some dealerships do. But I expected that from your buy here pay here type of business, but not a actual licensed CJDR dealership.

So, if anyone has gone thru the ringer I'd be really interested in knowing about it.

There's a difference between making a buck and taking someone to the cleaners.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not yet, there's some answers i really need to get from mopar and have the vehicle inspected by another 3rd party (NOT FCA) service center and bodyshop before i really throw them under the bus.

ill say that they have great google reviews, but yet have WAY too many BBB complaints to make me think that those google reviews are accurate. One place i worked for, on slow days, us employees were instructed by the owner to make fake google accounts and give our employer great goggle reviews.

i trust the folks on here more than anyone else, so i was just wondering if anyone got beat by a FCA dealership....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,598 Posts
Delete your thread and come back when you have more info to provide.

Right now this thread is equivalent to someone saying: Anyone ever had a bad meal and service at McDonald's? I just had a really bad one and was wondering if anyone else has? I'm not going to tell you why it was bad though but I want to hear why yours was.

BTW, FCA has no power in your problem, especially if it is a used vehicle. Dealerships are privately owned.....like McDonald's.

·
Registered
65 GTO, 21 REWB Challenger ordered
196 Posts
I don't see an issue with him posting inquiring about others experience with less than excellent service providing dealerships. There's probably already a thread or two (or several) on this sort of subject I would imagine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
ALL dealers suck big time. If you've had a good experience at a dealer-good for you. It doesn't mean that the same dealer doesn't have dozens of complaints from others. And some are better than others, of course. They all come down to the money. They are not a family atmosphere like they pretend to be. They never seem to be the recipients of a bad deal and you never really know what their profit might be for them. Different invoices for different purposes. I know from my own experiences from having dozens of new cars. Trade-ins are usually a nightmare, too and that's when they really get excited. They are an evil necessity! Have you ever rolled into a dealership to inquire about a car and they want to know if you have a trade-in and how much do you owe on it? I never tell them and state that we'll talk about that when I'm ready to buy. I also make them commit to a price on the car before telling them the info on my trade-in. I tell them the trade-in has nothing to do with the actual price of the car I'm interested in. Otherwise, they like to perform some fuzzy math and make it look like you're getting a decent deal. Sorry dealers, but it's the truth.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,042 Posts
ALL dealers suck big time. They are not a family atmosphere like they pretend to be.
Not that I have checked their IDs to verify it, but at my dealer there are four family members working for the owner.

Adding a bit to the family atmosphere is having a nice dinner with the owner, his wife, and often a couple of the employees/family members. That's after signing the papers and loading the car on the trailer, of course.

Also, if I arrived a bit late (it's a 450-mile drive), three or four times now I've spent the night at the owner's house.
It sure feels like a family atmosphere to me, and I definitely wouldn't classify that dealership as sucky.
Should I?

Reactions: bay_area

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not that I have checked their IDs to verify it, but at my dealer there are four family members working for the owner.

Adding a bit to the family atmosphere is having a nice dinner with the owner, his wife, and often a couple of the employees/family members. That's after signing the papers and loading the car on the trailer, of course.

Also, if I arrived a bit late (it's a 450-mile drive), three or four times now I've spent the night at the owner's house.
It sure feels like a family atmosphere to me, and I definitely wouldn't classify that dealership as sucky.
Should I?
Well that sounds like a wonderful family experience. However, I have no interest in hanging out with dealers or their families and would never spend the night with them either. I'm glad not everyone is as anti social as I am. LOL. But getting friendly with a dealer that just made a bunch of money off me is not in my cards. I wouldn't even do it if I got the car at cost. I am glad, though that you had a good one because they're hard to find. Sounds like you might be getting invites to weddings and baby showers, too!

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
382 Posts
Not that I have checked their IDs to verify it, but at my dealer there are four family members working for the owner...It sure feels like a family atmosphere to me, and I definitely wouldn't classify that dealership as sucky.
Should I?
Smaller, more rural market?

I'm glad not everyone is as anti social as I am. LOL. But getting friendly with a dealer that just made a bunch of money off me is not in my cards. I wouldn't even do it if I got the car at cost...
Larger, urban market?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
689 Posts
Well that sounds like a wonderful family experience. However, I have no interest in hanging out with dealers or their families and would never spend the night with them either. I'm glad not everyone is as anti social as I am. LOL. But getting friendly with a dealer that just made a bunch of money off me is not in my cards. I wouldn't even do it if I got the car at cost. I am glad, though that you had a good one because they're hard to find. Sounds like you might be getting invites to weddings and baby showers, too!
His dealer is small af but gives out better deals than koons or any other forum dealership. I would have finished my deal with them but last month there were no Chargers being built.

It's a business relationship but after beating down so many dealers and going in and seeing how they don't really care to interact with you like other customers is annoying lol, it's fun in theory but in practicality when you are staring at the finance manager or salesperson in awkward silence it's a bit bizarre.

With that being said 99% of fca dealers are absolute garbage, and fca has the worst dealers out of every manufacturer, I have dealt with ford/lincoln, honda, Mercedes, bmw, porsche, ferrari, mclaren, etc etc and fca has some of the stupidest employees and most arrogant sales managers and gsm.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,042 Posts
I wouldn't even do it if I got the car at cost. I am glad, though that you had a good one because they're hard to find. Sounds like you might be getting invites to weddings and baby showers, too!
Well, it doesn't hurt that we usually get the vehicles at very good prices.
But now I'm a bit surprised to see "...you had a good one..." after proclaiming that they're all sucky.

Weddings and baby showers? People know me well enough to know that I wouldn't attend such things even if I got lots of invites, or even a free car.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The whole car selling industry has a very interesting history in the US, with a strong lobby in DC..Tesla has certainly been a disruptor...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,042 Posts
Larger, urban market?
I'm a slow learner, so once again I checked with the large dealerships nearby for the latest order.
Sure enough, the offers ranged from MSRP to 10K ADM. The latter included the comment "Be glad it's not a 25K ADM".

Instead, by shopping the smaller more rural market, we got a price well under MSRP. Yeah, I think it's worth a 900-mile drive, plus I get to see people that have become friends.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Recently had quite an experience with a CDJR dealership that made me wonder if anyone else has had any bad experiences with a CDJR trying to pull one over on them? Not sure how mine is going to end but when I find out ill be sure to let everyone know... sadly or fortunately I had some experience working at some really crappy places growing up so I kinda saw things going south...

I know I saved a long time to purchase my car, and its almost, if not truly a crime what some dealerships do. But I expected that from your buy here pay here type of business, but not a actual licensed CJDR dealership.

So, if anyone has gone thru the ringer I'd be really interested in knowing about it.

There's a difference between making a buck and taking someone to the cleaners.
I think everybody has had a negative experience with a dealership during their lifetime. I can think of two seperate Dodge dealerships that I have dealt with that I don't particularly like certain aspects of how they treated me. I'm a bit of a straight shooter, and when I go in and say "I'm trading in my car with a few thousand down and I want my out the door price to be under X thousand" I mean it. I think a couple local dealerships have taken that as a joke because they don't want the buyers to be in the power seat of ANY negotiations. A couple dealers have told me my values are do-able then bring me in and offer me 5K less on my trade in, or tell me the build will be 4K over what it's marked at... In the end I always get the car I want for the price I'm aiming for because I'm reasonable, and the local shops don't get my business. It is what it is...

·
Registered
2020 Challenger HC A8
75 Posts
I can think of two seperate Dodge dealerships that I have dealt with that I don't particularly like certain aspects of how they treated me.
I'll throw a couple of my local Dodge dealers under the bus. 1st one the old Abernethy Dodge in Lincolnton NC.. I was fixing to go out of town so I had the wife take her 1st Intrepid to them to have the water pump replaced as it just started leaking , they also found it had a busted motor mount and one of the ball joints was worn causing tire wear so they replaced the water pump, "ball joint" and motor mount.

I went and picked the car up and they had billed 12hrs of labor for all that, The kicker was they only had the car for 7. And one of those labor hrs was to R&R the serpintine belt, which has to removed to R&R the water pump!!! After arguing with them, they knocked 4hrs labor off and acted like it was major favor for them to do it.

2nd was the old Lake Norman Chrysler Dodge back in the Bobby Gandy daze.

Went in to look at buying a 2002 Intrepid, Long story short Chrysler was advertizing 0% for 60mo at that time .. Price comparing on that particular model [it was the SXT with the 3.5l Magnum] showed it should've priced OTD right at 23k, So that's what I offered. 23k @ 0% for 60mo thru Chrysler Financial. They refused to even acknowldge that price or the Chrysler promotion. Tried telling me that it was hard to qualify for 0%, WTF??

OK, Bye ...

Funny thing happen on the way off their lot. A radio ad for Finish Line Dodge in Stateville played and they advertized the 0% and No Payments for 90 days.

OK, on our way. They had the same SXT model on the lot , I told the about what happened at Bobby Gandy's place and without even debating, they took the same price with kicking back money for the 1st 3 payments and a couple hours later we're driving in our new Intrepid at 0% for 60mo with Chrysler ..

Crazy how Stealers are STILL pulling those same games 20yrs later.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,042 Posts
Now that this thread made some bad memories reemerge...I'll never buy from Dave Smiths again, or Dillon.

Had a '14 2500 with under 200 miles on it, and a howling rear diff. And there were no parts available.
Smiths offered me $10K less than I had paid when I wanted to trade it in on a new order.

When I once called Dillon about an order, they insisted that I'd be there in person. Why?!?
Well, by now I do know why. And if memory serves me, I would've also had to finance through them. Couldn't just pay for the vehicle.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I still say they all suck and they want to absolutely squeeze you for every $$$ before getting out the door if you let them. They rarely bargain in good faith. They have actually been irate with me once when I told them I didn't want the extended this and the extended that. He (the finance guy) stood up and raised his voice but I stood firm and told him he's wasting his time and needs to settle down. For those of you that had a decent experience I am truly happy for you but feel that is rare.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nd one of those labor hrs was to R&R the serpintine belt, which has to removed to R&R the water pump
yep, a ford dealer once charged me labor for a lower intake manifold leak (new gasket) and labor for the intake again when they changed a leaky valve cover gasket under the upper intake. Told them you should have changed the valve covers when the intake was off instead of adding labor to remove that intake to swap the valve cover gaskets.. they didn't like that. if i was a non car guy or woman, they wouldn't have known that...

1 - 20 of 69 Posts