SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one thing I wish my Redeye had is a "Shaker" scoop like the old days and the other cars in the Challenger line up. I do love the car but I wonder if there is an aftermarket vendor that makes a kit. I know it would take a new hood and another way to get air to the intake but surely some people a lot smarter than me can figure it out. Is there a market for this?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
269 Posts
The shaker is more for looks these days. The shape of the front of the car pushes most of the air above the shaker scoop at the center of the hood. There is more positive pressure at the front of the nose. But, they do look cool. Especially when you start it up and it rocks back and forth. My wife's scatpack has the shaker package. The air filter is still in the air box at the front of the car and it still uses the regular under box ducting and the headlight duct for extra air. There is a flat duct running from the shaker scoop to the air box up front, but my guess is it adds little to no air flow. But like I said... Looks really cool!
You could probably do it on a hellcat but you'll be limited on space because of the blower and I wouldn't bother trying to fit the ducting in. The airbox and intake look the same in the 6.4 with and without the shaker package except for the tube running from the box to the shaker.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts