SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 Challenger Hellcat stopped having any throttle at about 3 mph and I got the error message on the dash - shift into park. I did as instructed and it seemed to run fine. Drove about 15 miles and at 80mph the throttle went dead again and I got the same message.

The car only has 2600 miles on it and was recently built oand tuned by Barth and Billy Swinford and this is the first time I’ve driven it since it got done getting wrapped about a month ago. I don’t believe the mods have anything to do with it. I checked the diablo sport for codes and there are none. The car won’t turn over now at all but the battery appears to be fine.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,439 Posts
Going to have to narrow it down. Fuel filter, Fuel Pump, MAF sensor, ect. Odd because
You'd think you would get a CEL. You on a E85 tune?

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,439 Posts

Seems like yous might have the same issue.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,882 Posts
My 2018 Challenger Hellcat stopped having any throttle at about 3 mph and I got the error message on the dash - shift into park. I did as instructed and it seemed to run fine. Drove about 15 miles and at 80mph the throttle went dead again and I got the same message.

The car only has 2600 miles on it and was recently built oand tuned by Barth and Billy Swinford and this is the first time I’ve driven it since it got done getting wrapped about a month ago. I don’t believe the mods have anything to do with it. I checked the diablo sport for codes and there are none. The car won’t turn over now at all but the battery appears to be fine.
Reads like a problem with the throttle/e-Gas/drive by wire thingie.

With another brand of car the recommendation was to perform an electronic throttle calibration -- this was documented in the owners manual -- the connect a factory diagnostic computer to the car's OBD2 port and query for any electronic throttle related error codes.

I have come across 2 electronic throttle calibration/reset procedures. I have not tried either one. I post them here FWIW...

Procedure A:
Throttle calibration can substantially improve throttle responsiveness over "factory standard." Many people notice what appears to be sluggish throttle response or a "dead area" at initial accelerator depression. Throttle calibration can take care of these.
1) Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" (not start).
2) Wait for all idiot lights to go out. Check Engine Light may remain on.
3) Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor.
4) Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it's all the way back up.
5) Turn the ignition key to "OFF".
6) Start the engine.
Most drivers notice an immediate change in throttle response, but depending on your driving style, you may need to repeat this procedure periodically due to the computer's adaptive programming. You likely need to repeat this procedure any time the battery is disconnected.

Procedure B:
Dodge Throttle Reset:
Do Not Crank The Car. Simply push the start button twice -- with I believe your foot off the brake pedal -- taking it to the run light, wait for all the bells and whistles and dash lights to finish, slowly depress the gas pedal to the floor and hold it on the floor for 20 seconds, then ease the foot slowly off until the pedal is all the way back up. Turn the car off, and crank it up normally, you just performed the throttle relearn.

If the behavior persists after the above then it is probably time to take the car in. Have you been in touch with the tuning company to see if they have ever come across this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts