SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, brand new here. This question is specific to my vehicle so I apologize if there are similar threads.

Just picked up a 2018 widebody hellcat. The previous owner kept his shift knob and I am looking to order a new one. From my understanding the stock shifter and knob are one piece that threads on below the boot. Since mine is threaded above the boot, I am assuming it’s aftermarket. My question is: by looking at the included photos can anyone tell me which thread size this is? Or even better yet the brand/model of this shifter/adapter so I can order a new knob? Vehicle won’t be delivered for a week so I can’t measure it.

Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hell? They sold it to you without a shift knob?
Yes. Sounds like it was something custom made and personal. I got such a steal on it I didn’t make a big deal of it but now I’m struggling to try and get one here before the car arrives!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
580 Posts
I would say wait till the car gets here. Pop the plastic and look and see if the shifter is aftermarket. Run to the parts store and buy a b&m until you find what you want online.
That looks like an adapter on top.....?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
199 Posts
Go back to the dealership, I would think they would have thread dies they could use to determine the thread size.. Pop the bezel up from the console so you can visually see the shifter, take a picture and post it here. Someone will be able to determine what brand it is..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
902 Posts
Looks like a Barrton I think maybe 1st Gen not sure though. The Barton in my 15 Cat is flat on the sides(shifter only 2yr old) with their name on it. I also think Hurst is the only other shifter made for these cars but don't quote me. Like G
Machine 15 said just go to the parts store. If you send your pics to Barton I'm sure they will get back to you, and if it's not a Barton buy one you won't regret it they well worth the money and you can install in about a hour a lot of videos out there and the car stays on the ground.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
580 Posts
Thats bigger than most thread tap sets.
Sounds like he is having it shipped to him

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
284 Posts
Hey all, brand new here. This question is specific to my vehicle so I apologize if there are similar threads.

Just picked up a 2018 widebody hellcat. The previous owner kept his shift knob and I am looking to order a new one. From my understanding the stock shifter and knob are one piece that threads on below the boot. Since mine is threaded above the boot, I am assuming it’s aftermarket. My question is: by looking at the included photos can anyone tell me which thread size this is? Or even better yet the brand/model of this shifter/adapter so I can order a new knob? Vehicle won’t be delivered for a week so I can’t measure it. View attachment 552505

Thank you! View attachment 552506
Looks like a Hurst adapter???

Screenshot_20200405-002921.jpg

Knob adapter extension for use with aftermarket shift knob on manual transmission:
  • Fits 1992-2017 Dodge Viper - except Hurst or Mopar aftermarket shifters
  • Also fits 2015+ Dodge Challenger w/ stock shifter stick - 6 speed only
    • Does NOT FIT earlier model years or any other model
  • Not intended for aftermarket shifters unless they use the stock knob
    • Does NOT FIT Hurst chrome sticks
  • Knob NOT included!
    • Requires a knob or handle w/ 16mm x 1.50 thread - NOT 1/2"-20!
      • See separate listings for kits w/ knob or pistol grip handle
  • Black-anodized billet aluminum adapter threads into knob and onto stick
    • Genuine Hurst part; 2 7/8" long w/ 7/8" upper thread length
      • 4" overall height when used w/ a 2" knob = 1.5" shorter than stock height
    • Upper thread (male) is 16mm x 1.50; lower thread (female) is 1/2"-20
    • Leather console boot snaps into groove near bottom as original
    • Jam nut NOT included - reuse stock jam nut (under boot)
Background info: Dodge introduced a new shifter stick design for the 2015 model year Challenger. Unlike the earlier models, the knob threads onto the shifter stick, and so it is possible to change the knob without changing the stick (earlier model years ie 2009-2014 - require a complete stick kit, which I sell). However, as the knob is on an extension, any replacement must be similarly tall to avoid interference with neighboring trim. This kit is the perfect low-cost replacement if you don't like the stock knob

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
580 Posts
There you go, 16mmx1.5 thread

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
580 Posts
This adapts stock 1/2-20 and turns it into 16mmx1.5.
I just seen one on a car yesterday, they bought it on flebay.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts