Hey guys, I've been on the forum here for a little over four years and making videos on YouTube about hellcats for about the same amount of time. I lead with that because I really value your opinions about what's best for these cars and I hope the information I've shared here has be useful.
So to the topic at hand, should I build my own turbo system packages for these vehicles?
I ask the question because I absolutely love the benefits a turbo system offers over supercharger.
- ability to adjust boost levels at the touch of a button
- makes 80-100 more wheel horsepower at the same boost settings
- no issues of Belt slip or Pulley changes
- no issues of supercharger failures from over spinning the blowers
- run less ignition timing and less boost yet still produce more power
- run any gas you want from 91 to E85 to Racegas with a quick tune change
- boost ramp to help with traction off the line
These are just some of the advantages I've noticed removing the blower and going turbo. I think I want to share this experience with others who typically spend big money on upgraded blower builds in hopes they give Turbos a try.
Other brands like the mustang, has shown Turbos are the faster option and my experience with the hemi says the same.
So what do you all think? Should I make the significant investment and develop my own turbo system packages for these cars to create another option in the marketplace?
I'd leverage my last two years of experience working out the qinks and bugs to develop something that works like a UGR lambo and a calvo viper. I like these companies because their primary focus is getting street cars to be unbelievably fast while being street cars first and not 1/4 mile focused track vehicles.