SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,841 Posts
I’m not refuting the results here and I know it’s not your video but do you happen to know how much of an impact that intercooler setup made? It seems noteworthy that the turbo had mention of an intercooler unless the supercharger setups already had an intercooler that the turbo setup couldn’t use?
He discusses the intercooler setup for each test. I believe the SCs used water intercoolers while the turbo was an air intercooler. Somewhere in the video he also tested the turbo with the intercooler (and the plain intake it came with) vs the same turbo w/o any intercooler but with the stock intake that had runners. The latter performed significantly better even w/o any intercooler.

Yes, there's a few additional variables in the test, but it's about as close to apples to apples as anyone can really get, and IMO I think the results are indicative enough of the major differences--the curves may shift up/down/left/right a bit by changing the smaller variables, but I think he was able to show at least on the first order of magnitude how they behave in comparison overall.

· Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
331 Posts
He discusses the intercooler setup for each test. I believe the SCs used water intercoolers while the turbo was an air intercooler. Somewhere in the video he also tested the turbo with the intercooler (and the plain intake it came with) vs the same turbo w/o any intercooler but with the stock intake that had runners. The latter performed significantly better even w/o any intercooler.

Yes, there's a few additional variables in the test, but it's about as close to apples to apples as anyone can really get, and IMO I think the results are indicative enough of the major differences--the curves may shift up/down/left/right a bit by changing the smaller variables, but I think he was able to show at least on the first order of magnitude how they behave in comparison overall.
Appreciate the reply… I’m sure the numbers don’t change much if all were using comparable intercooler setups.

· Registered
3,806 Posts
You can sweep both headers forward. You need to remote locate the oil filter housing. Probably want electric power steering or remote locate the reservoir So the turbo (driver side front where air box goes) doesn’t melt/ super heat it. Probably want aluminum coolant overflow to prevent it from melting. A/C pump might be in the way. Alternator might be in the way. I know people put a 6.4 truck front cover on the engine to relocate the accessories and free up space for front sweeping headers/turbo. Can delete supercharger/tran heat exchanger (depending what year you have) and run a smaller, relocated heat exchanger for trans. Turbos love air to air intercoolers, even though it’s heat that drives the turbo turbine, they generate less heat than a high boost supercharger and typically have plenty of piping to move the air through the air to air intercooler which cools the air more than a short route from rotors to water ic bricks to engine. Lots of stuff you can do, just have to have to b*lls to rip your car apart

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Soooo what do you do about the bypass valve? If you have to leave it attached and floating around the engine bay I’m out
Lol I've seen that done before, no sir we do something really cool with the bypass valve that I don't want to share publicly. Just know it will look clean under the hood.

· Registered
(1250whp Forged turbo wk2)(Hellscat widebody charger)(Lifted f250 super duty)
74 Posts
Well if you are looking to build your dream house in an area you don't know who do you call? Do you search for the best electrician, the best plumber, the best concrete guy and the huge list of other vendors you need to complete your dream home?
No, you search the best general contractor who has relationships with all the vendors you'll need and a portfolio of building homes like the one you have in mind.

I work with one of the best tuners in the country, fabricators, turbo manufacturers, turbo component producers, engine builders and the list goes on. I've taken their expertise in their individual areas and built a VERY fast street car that works well and I'd like to see others have the same experience.
👌🏻

61 - 76 of 76 Posts