SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,533 Posts
If you lease, you really can't "modify" the car unless you plan to buy it out at the end.

Reactions: MuscleGarageLA

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you lease, you really can't "modify" the car unless you plan to buy it out at the end.
That makes a lot of sense bro , but in this case do you think the payments would make more sense on a lease ?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
663 Posts
Can you afford the car without having the lower lease payment? If the answer is no, you cannot afford the car anyway and, most likely, if you go forward with the lease, long term financial problems will be your reward.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you afford the car without having the lower lease payment? If the answer is no, you cannot afford the car anyway and, most likely, if you go forward with the lease, long term financial problems will be your reward.
What is the likely hood of the car not messing up after 3 years ? That’s my issue

·
Banned
Charger SRT Hellcat
717 Posts
What is the likely hood of the car not messing up after 3 years ? That’s my issue
It's a car.... No guarantees.

I say if you would be struggling to pay for it then you probably should look at something else.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
284 Posts
Dm me if you want my opinion. I worked as a finance manager for mercedes benz and infiniti for 3 years both purchase and lease’s. I really dont feel like going back and forth with anyone on here as we all have our own opinions, and differeny parts of the country have a different outlook. The car industry by me in the nyc area is a 99% lease market. Other parts of the country are 75% purchases and very few leases.

BTW my cars a lease and puts down 900whp

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
965 Posts
my 2 cents:

Lease brand new and keep it stock. You can then decide after lease term if you want to keep the car or return it.
or
Buy used save money from first 2-3 years of depreciation and mod to your hearts content.
or
Buy brand new knowing your going to lose a lot of it's value once it leaves the lot and becomes "used", but you get the pleasure of being the first owner. You also get the full coverage of a warranty but modding will risk you voiding it. There are also plenty of leftover 2016/2017 HCs as well you can get new for a deep discount.

It all depends on how deep your pockets are. If you don't care and tossing down 80k on a brand new vehicle is nothing to you then go for it.

Good luck!

Reactions: KitKat

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
96 Posts
Before you take the plunge, snag some insurance quotes. Work up the loan rates, plus insurance. Budget extra for fuel, tires, tires, oh and more tires.

If you feel comfortable with that, then go for it. Lease will keep you within a new car and warranty. Buying it will mean you are on the hook for some pretty heavy depreciation in 36 months, unless you buy used and let someone else take that hit (like I did).

My general rule for toy cars that don’t really serve a purpose other than to make me smile, is that if you can’t afford two of them, you can’t afford one. Nothing worse than having a top notch car, and living paycheck to paycheck.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,157 Posts
Like FFBOS mentioned earlier, leasing limits your flexibility with regards to modifying the car. If you have the patience and resolve to avoid modifying the car then you are good.

Also remember rate of attrition is quite high with performance cars. With typical HC leases you are stuck with the car for 36 months.

With purchasing, you decide when you want to sell it/ trade it in. It becomes a moveable asset under those circumstances. But you have to be prepared to bite the bullet with depreciation and other allied market factors.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7 Posts
Before you take the plunge, snag some insurance quotes. Work up the loan rates, plus insurance. Budget extra for fuel, tires, tires, oh and more tires.
Yeah, tires are something I didn't really think about on my 392, and yet here I am now owning the original all seasons, new set of nitto 555g2 summer tires and a pair of 555R drag radials. I've owned the car for about 16 months.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
224 Posts
Find a dealer offering big discounts and lease it for the best of both worlds; Low payment with nothing down and they absorb most of the depreciation, provided the lease terms are good. Plus on a lease you only pay tax on your lease payment, not the entire price of the car (although some states do tax the entire price though which sucks). That way if you flip it at the end, you don’t loose $7k of taxes paid.

·
Registered
In The Market
377 Posts
Lease! That’s what is best for me now. If I still want it after 3 years I will buy it.. if I don’t want I will turn it in.. I can’t afford the 900 to 1,200 . I will lease a new one or buy a 16 around 50k..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
123 Posts
What would you guys do in this situations ? Lease or Buy?
It really comes down to two factors... how much are you willing to spend, and how many miles per year are you going to travel? I was in the same predicament (lease or buy). I only put 4k miles a year on the car, a lease made more sense. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts