SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
2021 Challenger Redeye
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 21 Redeye - all loaded up ... was planning to keep.

Should I order another one (or two) for investment/resale purposes? I don't care how long it takes, 3-4+ months to get here. 6% under invoice at Koons or 5% at Cummins are awfully tempting.

Are any of you doing this as well?

• Haha
Reactions: DSmith

· Registered
2021 Challenger Redeye
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm getting offers above MSRP (I bought from Jake) on my current Redeye narrowbody ....

I can't imagine that I won't be able to sell AT MSRP on anything I order. I dunno, maybe a bad idea, was just thinking about it.

Reactions: TnJed

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
684 Posts

Should I order another one (or two) for investment/resale purposes? I don't care how long it takes, 3-4+ months to get here. 6% under invoice at Koons or 5% at Cummins are awfully tempting.

Done it already !!! Had my 2021 HCREWB last year ordered 2022 Challenger JB when it came in traded it and put $$$$ in my pocket as well :)

· Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
3,222 Posts

It depends.

If the purchase of one or even two more REs does not represent more than say 5% of your investment holdings then maybe.

While you don't care how long the new car or cars take to get to you when do you think you can sell and realize a profit? And bear in mind a sale at a profit is a taxable event.

Until you sell you have to keep the cars pretty nicely garaged and protected against rodent damage. They should be insured. Maybe you can add the cars to your homeowners policy but then you can't drive them just treat them like what they have become: A collector item like a painting, statue, etc. If you can't put the cars under your home owners policy and must buy car insurance I think this requires the cars be registered. They will not be driven so any issues they might manifest if used while under warranty will be lying in wait for the next owner. Sure he can just buy the car(s) and park teh car(s) and wait for another (hopefully) good time to sell. It is like an old Chinese vase. Initially it starts out as just vessel to hold water. Years later it is priceless.

The car(s) is (are) not that liquid. You can't just get online and issue a sell order and receive confirmation of the sale in a few minutes.

There is also the problem of it there is a bump in price and you decide it is time to realized gains you put the car(s) up for sale at the same time as other speculators who want the big pay off put their cars up for sale.

· Registered
1,034 Posts
I did, then I canceled it. Foolish to invest $100k in something that will be worth $72k in 36 months.

And I can buy one of the 10s of thousands on the used market in 36 months. “Garage kept” “Never saw rain”. “2000 miles”. A dime a dozen on the used market.

I love my 21 Super Stock and will keep forever. Don’t need 2.

· Registered
873 Posts
If you're rich enough to buy it outright and not have to finance which loses a percentage of your investment right off the bat it's still probably a dumb idea. If you really have that much liquid then it's pretty easy to double your money every 10 years.
Two Redeyes = $200k
Do you think they will be worth $400k in 10 years?
How about $800k in 20 years?
Or $1.6 milion in 30 years?

Dumb bet if you ask me.

· Banned
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,421 Posts
In the long term, you have near zero chance of beating a portfolio of good quality mutual funds. If you plan to flip it in 2 mo, that might work.

· Banned
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,421 Posts
I did.

M6 and RE. Need a SS to complete the collection.

No delusions about "investment". If I had future vision, I would have ordered a SS in January, the market sure has tanked!

(BTW: When both are idling, there is a loud low frequency resonance, like dual engines on a boat!)
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light

· Registered
1,344 Posts
I did.

No delusions about "investment". If I had future vision, I would have ordered a SS in January, the market sure has tanked!

(BTW: When both are idling, there is a loud low frequency resonance, like dual engines on a boat!)
View attachment 592852
Should keep Sasquatch away, huh?

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
233 Posts
I did.

View attachment 592852
You are my hero!
I'm going to try that with my two 392's and see what happens

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
115 Posts
I wouldn’t necessarily buy it as an investment but if you can afford two then why not enjoy it. I remember being at a Viper event where one couple coming from Texas if I remember correctly owned over 40 of them. Whenever I was at an LX Springfest event I couldn’t get enough of our cars. To me they offer the right mix of performance, styling, comfort and value (although these latest incarnations have gotten up there too much for my liking). That’s why I still have my 2006 Magnum SRT8, 2010 Challenger R/T and 2016 Charger Hellcat. But one should also keep in mind all the maintenance that goes along with owning more than one of these cars…

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.