SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I lowered my Widebody Scat Pack and I loved it. It looked like a 4x4 from the factory. This Redeye isn’t as bad but there’s still a big gap at the back wheel well

·
Registered
2020 Challenger WB Redeye
11 Posts
I think I’m going to do the KW adjustable setup. My Redeye is decent in the front. Maybe 1/2 inch in front and 1 inch rear would be perfect.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mopar lowering springs. Here you go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is really nice !! Is there a specific part number I should be looking for?
I think I’m going to do the KW adjustable setup. My Redeye is decent in the front. Maybe 1/2 inch in front and 1 inch rear would be perfect.
I forgot about those !! I am going to look those up !

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,495 Posts
I lowered my Widebody Scat Pack and I loved it. It looked like a 4x4 from the factory. This Redeye isn’t as bad but there’s still a big gap at the back wheel well
Theres a reason for the gap. Lowering it goes against the functionality of the suspension. Whatever floats boats I guess...

Reactions: Vezconsumer

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,495 Posts
Theres a reason for the gap. Lowering it goes against the functionality of the suspension. Whatever floats boats I guess...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
851 Posts
100% correctomundo! The gap keeps the driveshaft from binding on hard accel..
The driveshaft or the axles?

The driveshaft shouldn't move a millimetre if there is a change in suspension height. It isn't a live axle car so the amount of differential movement is minor. The driveshaft is essentially fixed between the output, carrier bearing, and pinion flange.

The operating angles of the axles definitely come into play, especially with excessive lowering. But, even then on a road trip with a car full of adults and a trunk full of junk, you can expect the static ride height to come down pretty sufficiently. There is lots of compliance built in.

If you do lower the car significantly make sure to get all the parts needed to do the appropriate camber, caster, and toe adjustments.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Eibach Springs, little bit of camber, much larger offset and 315's. It looks perfect to me, but if you want it a bit higher the Mopar springs are the way to go.
View attachment 569916

View attachment 569917
Is the back tire even with the top of the fender ? I like your a lot but I swear others I have seen look lower in the front than yours and I dont want that

1 - 20 of 49 Posts