SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
19' Challenger SRT Hellcat REDEYE HC
129 Posts
REAL FUNNY,but true......FERELCAT HERE and mines is a "REDEYE"3rd cat.....15m6,18wbm6, and now 19'RE ,I WAS told by an engineer from SRT, that THESES CATS WERE NOT...I REPEAT WERE NOT DESIGNED FROM THE GROUND UP!!!!! JUST THE ENGINE, most all other crap is bolt on stuff ¡¡¿¡THEY kept slapping more horsepower into the SRT8 till it became the car THE COSTUMERS suggestion box said they wanted, because a 4500lb car was just not fast enough with 425,475,or even 500hp.....BECAUSE if they STARTED from the ground up THEY WOULDN'T HAVE SUCH CRAPPY chassis/cradle bushings...i.e for all v6 cars have the same ones.....there was no heavy frame design,or suspension work done on a CAR THAT WAS USED FOR V6 DUTY also,so no these were not HAND BUILT PURPOSE CARS how does A LAYMAN KNOW....asking the right HONEST PEOPLE because I am passionate about my speed...but am in agreement that playing with any suspension can and will seriously change the TOTAL CHARACTERISTICS of the way the CAR WILL HANDLE......lowered mines to much and COULDN'T FIGURE than the SQUIRM I was getting was from ......just that ,'lowered to much'...scarry as a [email protected]!+ diaper at any high speed...So I can say MY CAT IS SET UP FOR ROAD/AUTOCROSS RACING,when I can get on the track...or TOOL🔧NG AROUND those perfect CAROUSELS....YEP!!! ALL IN WHATCHU WANT. ......IM running SPORT CUP2's out back,PS4S UP FRONT!!! SUPER FUN

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
357 Posts
REAL FUNNY,but true......FERELCAT HERE and mines is a "REDEYE"3rd cat.....15m6,18wbm6, and now 19'RE ,I WAS told by an engineer from SRT, that THESES CATS WERE NOT...I REPEAT WERE NOT DESIGNED FROM THE GROUND UP!!!!! JUST THE ENGINE, most all other crap is bolt on stuff ¡¡¿¡THEY kept slapping more horsepower into the SRT8 till it became the car THE COSTUMERS suggestion box said they wanted, because a 4500lb car was just not fast enough with 425,475,or even 500hp.....BECAUSE if they STARTED from the ground up THEY WOULDN'T HAVE SUCH CRAPPY chassis/cradle bushings...i.e for all v6 cars have the same ones.....there was no heavy frame design,or suspension work done on a CAR THAT WAS USED FOR V6 DUTY also,so no these were not HAND BUILT PURPOSE CARS how does A LAYMAN KNOW....asking the right HONEST PEOPLE because I am passionate about my speed...but am in agreement that playing with any suspension can and will seriously change the TOTAL CHARACTERISTICS of the way the CAR WILL HANDLE......lowered mines to much and COULDN'T FIGURE than the SQUIRM I was getting was from ......just that ,'lowered to much'...scarry as a [email protected]!+ diaper at any high speed...So I can say MY CAT IS SET UP FOR ROAD/AUTOCROSS RACING,when I can get on the track...or TOOL🔧NG AROUND those perfect CAROUSELS....YEP!!! ALL IN WHATCHU WANT. ......IM running SPORT CUP2's out back,PS4S UP FRONT!!! SUPER FUN
I remember when I first noticed the wheel well liners were the same on the six bangers and hellcats. I may have misspoke when saying ground up design LOL everything is a compromise, part of the reason these cars only come with 800 horse.

what offsets are you running ferel? That it probably some of the widest fittment I’ve seen (out back for sure). Tits

·
Registered
129 Posts
I remember when I first noticed the wheel well liners were the same on the six bangers and hellcats. I may have misspoke when saying ground up design LOL everything is a compromise, part of the reason these cars only come with 800 horse.

what offsets are you running ferel? That it probably some of the widest fittment I’ve seen (out back for sure). Tits
HC-3 21x11 ET -5 original 21x12.5 ET +5 original 21x13 ET +20 new rear

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
3,295 Posts
Lowering a Hellcat, IN MY OWN DARN OPINION, is a rice mod that rice fans do to proper cars because they're still infected by rice-itis due to prolonged exposure to infected imports and Mustangs.

·
Registered
357 Posts
HC-3 21x11 ET -5 original 21x12.5 ET +5 original 21x13 ET +20 new rear
Dude thank you for sharing. Ppl are always so uptight about offsets it’s refreshing to see transparency so other ppl can be ballers too.

what are your tire sizes? I’m always interested to see the MAX

I might try to replicate the width with lessRim and more tire cause it’s how I do. I wish i could put demon wheels on but alas the bigger rotors up front.

thank you thank you for stimulating though and building the forum!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Aww yeah ,I could care less,millions of people in the world to think I need to hide that, someone else has it I'm sure(NOT😉🙃)BUT that's WHAT FIXING CARS UP IS ALL ABOUT,the admiration,the Comaraderie, and sheer FUN...crazy to hide THAT, BUT I DO FEEL TRANSPARENCY AND RIGHT TO PRIVACY seem to be becoming ONE THIG and it shouldn't, now HAD YOU ASKED HOW MUCH DID THEY COST,meh', maybe a little COY🤑🤑

·
Registered
129 Posts
Porsche GT2/3RS SPORT CUP2's in the back...AS WIDE as I can gett'em, AND STIIIIIKKKYYY, sittin in garage you can stick paper on them and it will be there in the mornin 🙀full adjustable suspension, ready for the esses🤪CAUSE THATS WHAT I DO ...oh and it's a RE so got noooo prob with "straight line" TRACTION either👹

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
466 Posts
Lowered my Hellcat by buying the Super Stock, 18” rims compared to the 20” View attachment 569911
Lol im literally doing this so. Just put on the front brakes just waiting for my tires to arrive any day. I assume the gap between the 20s vs the 18s would be different meaning the 18s will have a bigger gap then the 20s?

·
Registered
2020 White Charger Hellcat w Black Leather/Alcantara Interior, Black Roof, Red Calipers & HK Stereo
111 Posts
Mopar lowering springs. Here you go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe it's different on the Chargers; but the Mopar Springs lower the car 1" all around. The Eibach Pros lower the front 5/8" in the front and 7/8" in the rear. That's what I'm looking for cause I can literally put four fingers of my hand in between the top of the tire and the bottom of the Fender. About half an inch up front is perfect as I sometimes rub on a wheelstop on those very few occasions when I don't back it in... and the car too!

·
Registered
2021 SRT Super Stock
623 Posts
I normally don’t like lowered cars but the flares make it look like the tires are too small and don’t fill the wheel well. I think the WB need it more than any other car.
The widebody stock tire size is shorter (not much) than the stock narrow body...and the super stock is even shorter than that. May be what you're seeing
305/35 20 = 28.4"
275/40 20 = 28.7"
315/40 18 = 27.9"

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's the part number on the Mopar lowering springs everyone is talking about? Does it lower less than the Eibach? I have the Eibach now and they look great BUT my front rubs a little when turning. My front tires are 315/35/20 :)
Tire Sky Wheel Car Vehicle
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Sky
Tire Sky Wheel Car Vehicle

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Sky

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
looks great, a little rub never hurt anyone. Reminds uthat u went low enough. Mopar p/n is on page 1 I think
I always say, if you lower a vehicle and it doesnt rub just a tiny bit, either your not low enough or your tires are to small

Reactions: Vezconsumer
41 - 60 of 69 Posts