SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I recently picked up my 2018 hellcat charger, and I’m looking to make some more power. The car has the factory air box still, but I’m looking to get the LMI because I’m a sucker for that wine. I keep hearing about this pulley upgrade? Can any one tell me more about it? And which size to go for?? Also if you switch the pulley set up, is it recommended to do demon injectors? I live in Canada, Vancouver BC, our Chevron has 94, and that’s what I run for the most part, some times she’ll 91.
Thanks,
Kody

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
125 Posts
Hi there,

I recently picked up my 2018 hellcat charger, and I’m looking to make some more power. The car has the factory air box still, but I’m looking to get the LMI because I’m a sucker for that wine. I keep hearing about this pulley upgrade? Can any one tell me more about it? And which size to go for?? Also if you switch the pulley set up, is it recommended to do demon injectors? I live in Canada, Vancouver BC, our Chevron has 94, and that’s what I run for the most part, some times she’ll 91.
Thanks,
Kody
It really depends, there's pulleys out there you don't even need a tune for, those also wont require bigger injectors and net you about 50whp - 75whp. Then there's pulleys that require a tune and slightly bigger injectors and will net you 100+whp. Its ultimately going to be what your goal is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It really depends, there's pulleys out there you don't even need a tune for, those also wont require bigger injectors and net you about 50whp - 75whp. Then there's pulleys that require a tune and slightly bigger injectors and will net you 100+whp. Its ultimately going to be what your goal is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to be some where around 750rwhp! And thanks for the reply. I will look more into it. I will only be running pump gas too

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would like to be some where around 750rwhp! And thanks for the reply. I will look more into it. I will only be running pump gas too
My car is on 91 pump gas, if you don't mind getting a set of demon injectors (I know a guy selling some cheap right now actually) you can get a litens 2.85 clutched pulley and make 750whp+ with that pulley I've seen people make 800whp on it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car is on 91 pump gas, if you don't mind getting a set of demon injectors (I know a guy selling some cheap right now actually) you can get a litens 2.85 clutched pulley and make 750whp+ with that pulley I've seen people make 800whp on it
Would I have to upgrade the drive shaft with that much power?

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,240 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The newer Driveshafts have been beefed up, but
I would definitely buy a Diff brace.

It's the Best "Peace of Mind" mod that I have installed on my HC Charger.
Linda :)
The newer Driveshafts have been beefed up, but
I would definitely buy a Diff brace.

It's the Best "Peace of Mind" mod that I have installed on my HC Charger.
Linda :)
What does the diff brace do exactly? And do you have a aftermarket shaft? I know these might be silly questions lol, but I just wanna get the best parts and drive the car like it should be!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Would I have to upgrade the drive shaft with that much power?
If you plan on putting some nice sticky tires and launching it hard at the drag strip, Yes. I bought mine from DSS or (Driveshaft Shop). 4 inch aluminum driveshaft, like Linda said HHP or (High Horse performance) has them and if they're currently in stock it'll save you an 8-10 week wait. Josh from HHP email tunes with Diablosport software if you happen to be looking for a tuner. He tuned my car making 16/17ish psi of boost, on a very conservative tune in order to keep the motor safe the car went 10.39 at 132 making 715whp

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you plan on putting some nice sticky tires and launching it hard at the drag strip, Yes. I bought mine from DSS or (Driveshaft Shop). 4 inch aluminum driveshaft, like Linda said HHP or (High Horse performance) has them and if they're currently in stock it'll save you an 8-10 week wait. Josh from HHP email tunes with Diablosport software if you happen to be looking for a tuner. He tuned my car making 16/17ish psi of boost, on a very conservative tune in order to keep the motor safe the car went 10.39 at 132 making 715whp
To be completely honest, I only have one strip where I live in Canada, and these rules with covid it might not even be open. I wanna track the car but I don’t think I will do it consistently as my father has a disability and I always have to be home tending to him. I guess what I’m after is more power when I go for my nice cruises on the street. I got the catch can recently, I wanna get the intake next, and I guess maybe the pulley set up! Is the diff brace Necessary for street driving?? I definitely beat the hell out of the car, but I don’t really launch it or anything. Sorry guys I only got it in October. I’m a hellcat rookie lol

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,129 Posts
I'm not too hip on these engines yet, but doesn't a custom tune work pretty well w/o any other mods? At least they did on GM engines. They tune them to be so safe, so NO damage will occur ever.

·
Registered
125 Posts
To be completely honest, I only have one strip where I live in Canada, and these rules with covid it might not even be open. I wanna track the car but I don’t think I will do it consistently as my father has a disability and I always have to be home tending to him. I guess what I’m after is more power when I go for my nice cruises on the street. I got the catch can recently, I wanna get the intake next, and I guess maybe the pulley set up! Is the diff brace Necessary for street driving?? I definitely beat the hell out of the car, but I don’t really launch it or anything. Sorry guys I only got it in October. I’m a hellcat rookie lol
You don't absolutely need any of it if your not tracking the car, but the diff brace will help with wheel hop which is super bad on the drivetrain. if your not stomping it below 60 and keep the psi in the tires down you should be fine other than that. I've only had wheel hop at the track honestly

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm not too hip on these engines yet, but doesn't a custom tune work pretty well w/o any other mods? At least they did on GM engines. They tune them to be so safe, so NO damage will occur ever.
you might be able to get 30whp off of one without mods, it would be pointless to spend $500+ on that when you can mod and get 100+ for a $500 tune

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You don't absolutely need any of it if your not tracking the car, but the diff brace will help with wheel hop which is super bad on the drivetrain. if your not stomping it below 60 and keep the psi in the tires down you should be fine other than that. I've only had wheel hop at the track honestly
Well I will probably get a diff brace just because I’m sure it doesn’t hurt? Idc about the money and what they cost. I just want my shit proper. Any recommendations on where to order one? Canada shipping friendly lol?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
I have a legmaker LMI I'm willing to part with and the whine, when I was catless would overpower the exhaust at certain rpms. Then I did a mid muffler delete and it became a roaring lion. Lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
you might be able to get 30whp off of one without mods
Well I will probably get a diff brace just because I’m sure it doesn’t hurt? Idc about the money and what they cost. I just want my shit proper. Any recommendations on where to order one? Canada shipping friendly lol?
My go to here in the US is HHP or Modern Muscle if HHP doesn't have it. shipping will cost $60-$70 sadly

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a legmaker LMI I'm willing to part with and the whine, when I was catless would overpower the exhaust at certain rpms. Then I did a mid muffler delete and it became a roaring lion. Lol
all you need to do is pull the back seat, takes 2 minutes and your supercharger woulda screamed and your exhaust would have still roared.

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,240 Posts
What does the diff brace do exactly? And do you have a aftermarket shaft? I know these might be silly questions lol, but I just wanna get the best parts and drive the car like it should be!
It helps the diff stay in place. When it moves it cracks.
Then the Driveshaft or half shaft can break which happens because diff box is weak.
Which really sux!
You are lucky the 2015 Diffs would break and take out the half shaft or driveshaft when it cracked.
My 1st break took out both the driveshaft and halfshaft.
If you dont protect the Diff, then the damage can go beyond and as parts break they can cause alot of damage to the underside.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts