SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. I wish Weld made some RTS's for us. I called them and they said nope.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Yep Weld owns CCW now. John Purner makes primarily road racing wheels. I talked with him since he did the original skinnies for the Vipers back in the 90s. He can only use the Corsair line and has sent a set out for test.
18x6 fronts and 18x9.5 for the back with and M&H tire package. I wanted a 11" rear and he is working with Razors Edge on a shorter sway bar link so 18x11 will work. I'm waiting to see if that will work. The Corsair line looks better in a bigger dia. My main goal is lighter!! with more traction. I'll run a 225 60 18 front with the 305 45 18 MT rears. Much more sidewall with the 18" dia wheel.

Reactions: 1885

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,856 Posts
High Horse performance was working on Weld wheels for the front of the Hellcats, also AJ from Hemituner had something in the works, call Josh or AJ

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Here are pictures John at CCW sent me of skinny fronts 18x6 and 18x9.5 rears

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Cheaper than a set of Welds, if they made a fitment for us. $3300 a set with powder coating.

Reactions: Bossnova3

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I've read this with interest but I admit to being confused. Whats the point of the skinny fronts?
For Drags, narrower tire less rolling resistance, lighter tire and wheel = reduced rotating mass. FASTER!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
735 Posts
Rotational mass has more impact that static mass. So heavier wheels spinning weigh a lot more than lighter wheels spinning than just their (static weight). If that makes sense.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
41 Posts
Yep Weld owns CCW now. John Purner makes primarily road racing wheels. I talked with him since he did the original skinnies for the Vipers back in the 90s. He can only use the Corsair line and has sent a set out for test.
18x6 fronts and 18x9.5 for the back with and M&H tire package. I wanted a 11" rear and he is working with Razors Edge on a shorter sway bar link so 18x11 will work. I'm waiting to see if that will work. The Corsair line looks better in a bigger dia. My main goal is lighter!! with more traction. I'll run a 225 60 18 front with the 305 45 18 MT rears. Much more sidewall with the 18" dia wheel.
HHp has a shorter link already I installed them on my Charger and a set of 17 inch tires fit beautifully on the rear.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.