SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I baught a new 2016 challenger hellcat. I traded in my 2008 challenger srt8. I removed all performance parts that was in it. Now i wonder if i can reused my slp exaust system. Does anyone know if the exaust will fit from a 2008 6.1L to my 2016 6.2L hellcat?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,651 Posts
Congrats and Welcome to the forum from VA.

My first guess would be no. different motor and drive train will probably mean different routing/hanging.

Stock exhaust works well...Hellcat has active exhaust valves that won't be in '08 setup (issue). Without them there are lights (search on active exhaust will give background). No real performance to be gained, only potential is additional noise.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,114 Posts
plenty of guys in 08-14 r/t and srt Challengers that would buy your SLP setup-stock is very hard to improve on with the Hellcat or 6.4 cars '15 on.
I would sell on craigslist, ebay, challenger talk or challenger foremz and buy some drag radials or gas...

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,792 Posts
Hi. I baught a new 2016 challenger hellcat. I traded in my 2008 challenger srt8. I removed all performance parts that was in it. Now i wonder if i can reused my slp exaust system. Does anyone know if the exaust will fit from a 2008 6.1L to my 2016 6.2L hellcat?
It won't work without some modification. The hellcat has an active exhaust system (flaps located just behind he mid mufflers that regulate the exhaust). Without those hooked up, you will throw codes.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
448 Posts
There's the above mentioned active exhaust valve.
Also the hanger locations are different between the 2008-2014 and 2015 up cars.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
599 Posts
Good advice given here. I agree with selling it on Craigslist or another forum. There is not much if any hp to gain by swapping out the hell cat exhaust it's not restrictive. If your looking for a different sound or for it to be louder try a res delete.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts