SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like we are getting our first blast of snow tomorrow.
Im on the fence about parking it for the rest of the season, or driving it sporadically.
Its not my DD, but its hard to resist the go pedal power!
Does anyone else drive theirs year round? (assuming you have real winters)

·
Premium Member
7,861 Posts
Get some wheels and tires for the winter and it will be a beast. I would not try it with performance tires. I have used Grand Cherokees with V8's since they were invented all winter, in MN, your higher powered one will just be more fun.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Up here in Calgary, I put the Pirelli Scorpions on (stock size: 295/45R20) and with 'snow' mode engaged, it performs nicely. I will say the tires are good for the snow and wet, but not so good on ice. I'll likely sell the stock rims with scorpions (and throw in the stock summer Pirelli run-flats) in the Spring and get something else in a narrower 9" rim and 265/50R20

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Looks like we are getting our first blast of snow tomorrow.
Im on the fence about parking it for the rest of the season, or driving it sporadically.
Its not my DD, but its hard to resist the go pedal power!
Does anyone else drive theirs year round? (assuming you have real winters)
No snow where I live now so I can drive my Hellcat year 'round and all I have to deal with is worst case rain and the idiot drivers the rain seems to bring out of the woodwork.

But with other cars when I lived in areas where snow fell if I didn't have winter tires on the car I would drive it whenever the roads were clear. But one must keep in mind that -- at least in the case of my cars -- the tires were high performance tires and not really suited for use below 40F. And even if the roads were clear and the temperature was above freezing there could be patches of ice like in areas that were shaded. I recall driving on a state highway in the panhandle of Texas one winter day. Sun out. Not real cold, but even in the shade of a bare tree, just its branches, there was frost on the road.

A road shaded by a large building or a hill or bluff/cliff like is common in mountains or even hilly areas can have frost or even a patch of ice.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I ran mine for a few months with the DMV2’s.
Performed fantastic. Limiting factor will be ground clearance in the really deep stuff. Anything above 8-9” and you’ll start dragging the front brake air deflectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m running the nicer stock rims and wheels on trackhawk. Pirelli tires. Had same set up on SRT prior. The both are OUTSTANDING in snow. Sticks like super glue. Keep in mind there is a lot of weight on front wheels.

I’m in St. Cloud MN , lots of snow.

these are beasts in snow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts