SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any experience of hellcat in snow or ice? Someone has kindly forwarded on one post of a new buyers slide on snow on day 1, but I'd like to hear some more examples. Ideally from anyone with Winter tires fitted. It's my only worry, not that I tend to go out when it's snowing just sometimes it's unavoidable, and a 2-3yr wait (if ever) for a Hellcat powered Jeep SRT isn't practical. I'd be surprised it a test mule Jeep isn't spotted soon. Anyhow all winter hellcat drive comments appreciated
Thanks,

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
No takers. Maybe that tells us something?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
608 Posts
I have info to share here when I have time to do so ...I have snow tires on my HC Pirelli snow and ice and no issues and great traction in snow. I will embellish on this later.
Those 3 season tires in cold weather are rough no doubt :)) Want to save those expensive buggers they are double the price of the OEM all seasons

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
i dont think the issue i had is the tires...i think its the way dodge did the TC...its not meant for snow

while i was sliding on ice i dont remember hearing the brakes do the typical antilock noise...it was maybe there, but not hard or loud

doesnt matter the tire..dont drive this car in snow

maybe studded tires id try

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies. My original post was made middle of the day, and I recognize deliveries have only just started, and many of us don't have snow yet (or at all). Thanks to 'The Dude' for the great snow tire feedback. I had a highly modified RX7 twin turbo in the UK some years back (720 deg spin from a standing start the night I picked it up from the tuner is a moment I'll never forget, not hitting anything whilst doing it is something else I won't forget), so I'm used to tightroping walking in the rain so to speak but it's the odd snow day that worries me, particularly after reading huggytrees sad story. Any more feedback on this post at anytime is welcomed as I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering about winter performance. Cements the idea in my mind that I need two sets of wheels should I go ahead and order one.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
2,703 Posts
No issues here, got 4 inches of snow goes great with SNOW tires not a great pic but

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
112 Posts
I live in southern California, and other than Jan 1st, its nice here. Today it was 79, but tonight its to drop to the low 50's. T-shirt and shorts during the day, BBQ'd ribs tonight, and who cares about tonight, I'm not going out.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
2,703 Posts
Ill get some better ones when we really get hit!

SNOWCAT!

Reactions: The Dude and Dickie

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
608 Posts
I live in Wisconsin and have done the same!!
add two 40 lbs bag of kitty litter in the trunk as well massively improves weight over the tires giving more traction
Car is fine with snows on it and wont see too much action unless I need to drive it.

No issues here, got 4 inches of snow goes great with SNOW tires not a great pic but

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
Ill get some better ones when we really get hit!

SNOWCAT!
So, Buddy...

Are you going to attach a ruler to the Satellite Fin Antenna and publish pics with the snow depth so that we can get the most "up to date" Western Michigan snow report? Competition with Terri DeBoer? (Sorry folks, inside joke. Western Michigan Weather lady :))

Reactions: The Dude

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
608 Posts
So, Buddy...

Are you going to attach a ruler to the Satellite Fin Antenna and publish pics with the snow depth so that we can get the most "up to date" Western Michigan snow report? Competition with Terri DeBoer? (Sorry folks, inside joke. Western Michigan Weather lady :))
Bill stephens too...lived in west Mi for 2 decades miss Ginger Z "PPPP

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
2,703 Posts
LOL after last Winter and 115 inches of snow might be a good idea!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
Bill stephens too...lived in west Mi for 2 decades miss Ginger Z "PPPP

Hey Homie! Bet ya miss Suzanne Geha, too! (She just disappeared from the face of the earth after getting fired a couple of years ago.)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
608 Posts
o
Hey Homie! Bet ya miss Suzanne Geha, too! (She just disappeared from the face of the earth after getting fired a couple of years ago.)
Man I wondered what happened to her she had a wild career in Michigan Tv...Rachel Ruiz ..man she has a nice set of headlights :))
I still keep in touch with an old buddy Kevin Matthews from time to time from WLAV we g way back to Kevins days at WLUP In Chicago ( the Loop)
Kevin is on the Dahl.com podcast channel and funnier than ever even as his health is failing..

Miss West Mi from time to time and I'm there often in the summer we gotta hit a car show Hoss!
Hows this winter been for yah all not bad here other than cold and clouds...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
608 Posts
Really, snow tires?
Man its a breeze and makes for great seat time before spring.
Been driving my SRT in the snow when needed since Nov 2008

Us Michiganders make it work!!
Ask the SRT engineers this car doesn't like to be pampered :)

First six speed SRT (09) and she proved her self often delivered Oct 18th 2008..Pic is from November 2008.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Snow Muscle car

Reactions: purnrg
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.