SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another tire thread. My '15 that I bought awhile back came with Toyo Proxes STIII, I'm looking for a little more traction. I found two brass monkey 10.5 wide replicas locally that I will be putting on the rears for summer only. I was thinking 555r in 305 but some threads seemed to show that the PS4S was almost as quick from a dig and better in about every other way. Better cornering, tread life, and wet performance. 95% of driving will be spirited commute to work and weekend fun rides, so mostly stop light to stop light with some cornering thrown in. Maybe a road course once or twice a summer.

So 555r or PS4S?

Any tips on where to get the best deal? Should there be sales coming up? I don't want to wait til 4th of July!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,034 Posts
PS4S
Discount Tire Direct, almost always delivery the next day or within three and matches all prices.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
74 Posts
PS4S
Discount Tire Direct, almost always delivery the next day or within three and matches all prices.
I bought a set of the PS4S a few weeks ago and haven't gotten them on the car yet since it's still occasionally below freezing here in Indiana. I bought them from Walmart on line at several hundred $ less than most of the tire sites. When I was googling the tires I was surprised to see them on Walmart.com but it worked for me. I've had Nittos and MTs and was looking for something that would be decent at the strip and yet not get me killed in the rain.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,600 Posts
Have to say I’m a Continental Extreme Contact Sport fan myself. Decent from a dig and good all-round wear and performance on the street. Had them out for a track day with 40 degree temps. and was amazed at how well they still gripped on the corners.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
675 Posts
Have to say I’m a Continental Extreme Contact Sport fan myself. Decent from a dig and good all-round wear and performance on the street. Had them out for a track day with 40 degree temps. and was amazed at how well they still gripped on the corners.
I really wish they made these tires in something wider than 315 for us WB guys. This would be an awesome tire in a 315/335 combo. I guess I could do 315’s at each corner on the stock wheels. Just not sure the 315’s will hook as good as the 555r’s I currently have out back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,600 Posts
I really wish they made these tires in something wider than 315 for us WB guys. This would be an awesome tire in a 315/335 combo. I guess I could do 315’s at each corner on the stock wheels. Just not sure the 315’s will hook as good as the 555r’s I currently have out back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, I think the trip. 5’s are more function focused for a straight line. Conti’s check more boxes as an all round daily for me. Would be bad ass in a 335.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Agreed with this. While the Michelin P4S's and super sports are possibly marginally better, with the cost savings of the extreme contact sports I think they're the best choice for summer daily tires. I've used them on everything from the Hellcat to my Focus RS. The Extreme Contact Sports were developed to match the performance of the PSS's as it was, so they aren't that much off from whatever improvements the P4S's brought to the table.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
500 Posts
The PS4s you guys are putting in the back are 315s? There’s no rubbing back there on a stock body Challenger?
my 555Rs are gonna need replacing soon.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
500 Posts
I meant to say 305s in my previous post. I don’t think Michelin makes the PS4s in 315 size.
thank you shifti.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts