SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep reading differing reports on that. The reviews coming out today on the Chargers seem to mostly say the Hellcat have the adaptive controls, blind spot monitoring and such, but a few articles say those features are not available on the Hellcat. Anyone know for sure?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
2,594 Posts
If you look at the interior photos of the Charger Hellcat the steering wheel has the controls for distronic cruise control and lane departure. But the Challenger photos do not.

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
Yes, I just got my print out, IT IS AWESOME by the way, every detail of what the car has. Mine does not show adaptive cruise control however, I am getting a 6 speed manual so it is probably different than the automatic. The website showed that it had it, probably just on automatics which would make sense.o_O

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
61 Posts
Everything that I have seen says no. Reason, there is no place to put the detector bar on the front end, without blocking needed air flow.
thats what I read too. At first i was a little shocked that the charger had a higher base MSRP...then when you consider having no choice but Auto 8 and some more of these electronic gizmos it made more sense...plus 2 more doors cost more $

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
thats what I read too. At first i was a little shocked that the charger had a higher base MSRP...then when you consider having no choice but Auto 8 and some more of these electronic gizmos it made more sense...plus 2 more doors cost more $
I know, huh? Amazing what 2 doors can do to price. Have to pay for extras included in the Challenger I.e stereo. o_O

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
I've written an e-mail to drivesrt.com to ask them to clarify, as the original August 2014 press release announcing the Charger Hellcat specifically says it will have adaptive cruise control as an option (5th paragraph from the bottom of the press release on Chrysler's website)...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
913 Posts
I know my car doesn't have it.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
I'm not sure about the Challenger, but I know the Charger Hellcat press release made specific mention that it would be an option:

http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do?&id=15929&mid=8

(5th paragraph from the bottom)

I'm intending to use it as my daily driver, which means being stuck in traffic from time-to-time, and it would be much more pleasant to have this available...

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,049 Posts
I've written an e-mail to drivesrt.com to ask them to clarify, as the original August 2014 press release announcing the Charger Hellcat specifically says it will have adaptive cruise control as an option (5th paragraph from the bottom of the press release on Chrysler's website)...
Edit Correction: Charger SRT does have Adaptive Cruise Control as an option. The Hellcat Charger press release says it does, however, it is not currently an option to add when you go to build one.

The Challenger SRT Hellcats do not get the adaptive cruise control to allow more airflow through the lower grille.

·
Browncoats Unite
Challenger SRT Redeye
1,443 Posts
While you're at it, ask about the black hood too.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
I'd noticed the Chrysler fish eye on the Charger 392 pics, and was hopeful that the Hellcat pics were just the 'pre-production' models...I'd really like SRT to stick to the original press release with this feature...even if that means waiting a little longer if the first models are shipped without it being immediately available...maybe Chrysler still has some habits from their Daimler days, as Mercedes is notorious for highlighting options, then letting folks know they'll only be available several months after production begins and not available with the first cars built...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.