SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pitch Black challenger Hellcat
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my Pitch Black 2017 Hellcat on November 3rd and my Hellcat hat a couple days later. I wear the hat all the time even when I’m in the minivan (large family) and I’ve been pretty surprised at people asking if I have a Hellcat and honestly most of them say “my dad really wants one“ and then they say their awesome cars. I waited two years to finally get mine and wondered how all you long time owners respond to people asking if you have a Cat or if they see your Cat and say something to you.

what’s your best description of your car?

just curious.....thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just bought a 2017 HC and love it. maximum steel with stripes. It was refreshing to have a young man probably about 16 say he loved my hellcat. Usually these young folks don't know anything about any car other than its "just a car".

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,122 Posts
Had a guy who I passed on the sidewalk at the apartment complex where I live -- not sure he lives/lived here or was just visiting but I have not seen him since the first and only encounter -- and he mentioned my Hellcat in a favorable way as we passed each other on the sidewalk.

Rather than just saying "Thank You" I was a bit excited because I had just bought a 2020 Mercedes Benz Metris cargo van so instead of a thank you I said something like "What about my new Metris" referring to the new van.

The guy looked at me funny as all get out. At first I had no idea why. He said nothing more but turned and walked quickly away. Then as I was going in my apartment it came to me that (I guess) he thought I said "What about my new mattress?" When that realization came to me I wanted to run after him shouting "new Metris van new Metris van" but it was too late. And like I said I have never seen him again.

At any rate the Hellcat's gone now and has been replaced with a 2020 Hellraisin Scat Pack. Get some nice comments on this car. In fact have caught a few people whipping out their phone and filming the car as I let it idle (in 1st) as I drive out the parking lot.

·
Registered
2017 Pitch Black challenger Hellcat
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Rockstar,

Do you mind if I ask why you went from a Hellcat to a Scat Pack? Any positives or negatives about either car, that made you make the trade?

thanks

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT 392
4,403 Posts
Had a guy who I passed on the sidewalk at the apartment complex where I live -- not sure he lives/lived here or was just visiting but I have not seen him since the first and only encounter -- and he mentioned my Hellcat in a favorable way as we passed each other on the sidewalk.

Rather than just saying "Thank You" I was a bit excited because I had just bought a 2020 Mercedes Benz Metris cargo van so instead of a thank you I said something like "What about my new Metris" referring to the new van.

The guy looked at me funny as all get out. At first I had no idea why. He said nothing more but turned and walked quickly away. Then as I was going in my apartment it came to me that (I guess) he thought I said "What about my new mattress?" When that realization came to me I wanted to run after him shouting "new Metris van new Metris van" but it was too late. And like I said I have never seen him again.

At any rate the Hellcat's gone now and has been replaced with a 2020 Hellraisin Scat Pack. Get some nice comments on this car. In fact have caught a few people whipping out their phone and filming the car as I let it idle (in 1st) as I drive out the parking lot.

That is too dang funny! Thank you for sharing lol

- Alexis

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
117 Posts
Funny you ask!
I have a 2020 HC regular body, not a RE.
The question I get most often is "is that a Redeye?"
I have to tell then no, its only a Hellcat. They really look bumbed out when I thell them!

Varooom
DSC01804.JPG

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,122 Posts
Hey Rockstar,

Do you mind if I ask why you went from a Hellcat to a Scat Pack? Any positives or negatives about either car, that made you make the trade?

thanks
Hellcat was coming up on its 3rd year anniversary -- Feb. 17, 2021 -- and I just decided I didn't want to own the Hellcat out fo that 36 month bumper to bumper warranty. The drive train has a 5 year warranty but my experience with the NAV (uConnect radio) going bad just had me concerned that was not the last of that kind of trouble. And trouble that the drive train warranty doesn't cover.

Since the Hallcat had no problems and excellent documented service at the time it had the most trade in value it would ever have so I just decided to bail. Otherwise I would have procrastinated and ended up holding on to the car even past the drive train warranty. And I definitely didn't want to own the Hellcat outside of its power train warranty. That A8 transmssion with its "lifetime" ATF scares me. But so too does the supercharger.

The new Scat Pack of course has a full 3 year warranty. No NAV. But I will buy a NAV for use in either of my cars when necessary I can quickly transfer the NAV between my van and the Scat Pack same as I do with the V1 radar detector.

The Scat Pack has a 6-speed manual and not the A8. And no supercharger of course.

The Scat Pack is in short a much less complex car and yet offers good performance. Not Hellcat levels of performance but enough. The Scat Pack came with summer/high performance tires (Pirelli) and these make a world of difference. Yeah, I could have replaced the all seasons (Pirelli) on the Hellcat with summer/high performance tires -- the dealer noted the front tires were due to be replaced -- but as I said above I just didn't want to own the Hellcat any longer.

The Scat Pack is a fun car. I dare say with less power slightly more fun than the Hellcat. The Scat Pack feels like a smaller car. It is lighter to be sure but 4200lbs vs. 440lbs for the Hellcat ain't much of a weigh difference. Still it feels much lighter than the 200lb difference would suggest.

The Scat Pack feels more sporty. This partially arises from the better tires which allow me to drive the car on the twisty roads that are common in this area with a bit more spirit. But it feels like it has a lower center of gravity, too.

Alll things considered the Scat Pack lives up to to its "sports car" label to a pretty good degree. It ain't no Porsche Boxster that's for sure but it ain't bad.

Gas mileage is about the same.

The Scat Pack power steering makes for parking the car a bit less work. Not oodles but the Hellcat felt like the power steering was not working when I went to pull it out of its parking spot. In the same spot the Scat Pack is much easier to get out of the lot. Yet the Scat Pack doesn't manifest any flightiness on the road.

What is to come is how well the Scat Pack holds up as the miles accumulate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts