SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BLUF: Who hasn't had any serious issues with their Hellcat?

First post, but been lurking for a bit on and off over the years and a lot recently as I think I have decided to pickup a used Hellcat in the very near future. I wanted one a while back, but was put off by the supercharger issues. Considering they can be rebuilt for $2200 or so I am no longer that worried about it, and the car I am looking at still has some warranty left (13 months). Currently working out a deal on a 2016 Challenger M6 with 16K miles listed at $46K. One owner car, pretty immaculate, and the PO's wife works at the dealership, so I have access to service records and that kind of info.

Anyway, to the point of my post, as with any forum there are a ton of "problem" posts, mostly because people without issues don't head online to let everyone know that their experience has been satisfactory. Who owns a Hellcat and has NOT had any significant issues with it? If you could post the year and mileage that would be awesome, and I apologize if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. Really looking forward to being a Hellcat owner!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I lurked for a while and am in the same boat as you (looking to buy a HC). I actually felt the opposite and that unmolested cars didn't seem to be posted about breaking down all that much. Some minor grimlins here and there but that's just about every car these days unfortunately. Are you seeing a lot of post about major issues on the newer cars? Curious what you've seen as I may have beer goggles on which is keeping me from seeing them since I'm wanting one so much.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,075 Posts
Me. No issues. Third late model Challenger, two Hellcats. 2016 traded with 7k at fours yrs old never had one issue. Current 2020 Redeye 1200 miles, no issues yet. Been on this forum almost 5 yrs, not many actual high dollar failure posts that I've read. Most people complaining about small stuff. Overall these cars seem super reliable.
SC problems were far less than the posts would lead you to believe. Tens of thousands of cars - a few hundred bad SC posts.
Also dont forget - unhappy people love to complain. Happy people generally dont post about how happy and trouble free they are. Posts will always be skewed towards the complaint side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I lurked for a while and am in the same boat as you (looking to buy a HC). I actually felt the opposite and that unmolested cars didn't seem to be posted about breaking down all that much. Some minor grimlins here and there but that's just about every car these days unfortunately. Are you seeing a lot of past about major issues on the newer cars? Curious what you've seen as I may have beer goggles on which is keeping me from seeing them since I'm wanting one so much.
A huge part of it is probably that I was looking for it, which I always do before I buy anything. But there are a lot of very long threads with a LOT of people talking about some pretty serious issues. Of course some people have bad luck or get lemons, and forums always make problems out to be bigger than they are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me.
Also dont forget - unhappy people love to complain. Happy people generally dont post about how happy and trouble free they are. Posts will always be skewed towards the complaint side.
Exactly! Which is why I was hoping for a place for the "Happy" people to come briefly describe their experience.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Exactly! Which is why I was hoping for a place for the "Happy" people to come briefly describe their experience.
I'm extremely happy! 👍🤙

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
30 Posts
1 year and 7K miles -so I am not an big data point, but zero issues for me. Car is a 19 RE, completely stock except for a catch can. My empirical data says that on the forums and on FB groups I follow, most if not all of the guys who have problems always, without fail, have modified cars: pully's, tunes going for "Big HP" and such. I love the car, and I get how people want to do what they want with them, but leaning on 700-800 HP cars to "go big" is not without it's risks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
40k miles minor to no issues.

A forum is a tool to find issues and report them, not really a suitable place for testimonials about how awesome their car is, so its commonplace to see a lot of problems and that to be the general perception.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
959 Posts
2018 HCWB 6MT 16,000 trouble free hard driven miles. Car feels as new every time I fire it up. More smiles per gallon than any vehicle I have ever owned.. So happy I could just shit.

·
Registered
In The Market
1,054 Posts
I’ve got an 06 Daytona, 09 Challenger R/T (sold May), 20 Redeye. No problems. When reading “driving along and motor blew up “ or parts fell off you gotta wonder WTH is going on.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
1 year and 7K miles -so I am not an big data point, but zero issues for me. Car is a 19 RE, completely stock except for a catch can. My empirical data says that on the forums and on FB groups I follow, most if not all of the guys who have problems always, without fail, have modified cars: pully's, tunes going for "Big HP" and such. I love the car, and I get how people want to do what they want with them, but leaning on 700-800 HP cars to "go big" is not without it's risks.
This is gospel ^^^. From what I've read here especially, a giant portion of big money failures involve modded vehicle owners complaining about how dumbfounded they are that their motor blew up. Always makes me shake my head.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Reactions: Bill the 'cat

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Hellcat A8
68 Posts
Bought my 2017 with 17,000 miles on it in June of 2019. I have put about 7,000 miles on it. I have made over 225 1/4 mile passes at the track (granted more then half of those in 500hp mode because of my class). A personal best of 10.69. I even drive the car in winter sometimes (Alaska) and no garage. No issues.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts