SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,945 Posts
The old saying is that "One AW !#$^ takes out 10 atta-boys." That generally describes automotive forum posting too. For very one unfortunate soul with problem with their Hellcat there's probably 10 more that have nothing to post about.

For my data point, my car needed an alignment when I got it. Dealer fixed it and really dialed it in to my liking, easy peasy. Nothing else to report so far!

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger HC M6
158 Posts
I think there might be 2 questions here:

1. Have we had (or had not) serious problems?

2. Are we happy?

Yes to #1 does not mean yes to #2.

Teeth broke off flywheel at 1800mi, still started, sometimes a but crunchy, repaired under warranty. See my thread:

Starter / Bendix / Pinion Problem, M6

Other than that, I couldn’t be happier. I lived through the muscle car era, too young and broke to be able to participate, there was this one 70 Challenger 440 4bbl that came into my father’s body shop on a regular basis for minor front end damage, loved it! Then there was the one with the 340 6-pack, and the yellow 340 4bbl w/shaker…

The current era has been an unexpected opportunity to enjoy an absurdly powerful car, something I thought was gone forever. I am absurdly happy!

Considering current politics, if you don’t pull the trigger now, this second chance might very well be the last chance and it may soon be gone forever…

Price_of_Performance.JPG

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
29 Posts
I am very happy with mine. It’s a 2016 challenger hellcat auto. I got it with 32k miles now I have 41 k on it. I really have no complaints at all and have had no issues for the entire 16 months I’ve owned it. My battery went bad after 14 months that’s just maintenance. I do have a squeaky diff that makes noise when I’m doing slow u-turns. I just have to change the fluid when I get time. I’m looking for a redeye room but because of Covid they are jacking up the used prices like crazy.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
BLUF: Who hasn't had any serious issues with their Hellcat?

First post, but been lurking for a bit on and off over the years and a lot recently as I think I have decided to pickup a used Hellcat in the very near future. I wanted one a while back, but was put off by the supercharger issues. Considering they can be rebuilt for $2200 or so I am no longer that worried about it, and the car I am looking at still has some warranty left (13 months). Currently working out a deal on a 2016 Challenger M6 with 16K miles listed at $46K. One owner car, pretty immaculate, and the PO's wife works at the dealership, so I have access to service records and that kind of info.

Anyway, to the point of my post, as with any forum there are a ton of "problem" posts, mostly because people without issues don't head online to let everyone know that their experience has been satisfactory. Who owns a Hellcat and has NOT had any significant issues with it? If you could post the year and mileage that would be awesome, and I apologize if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. Really looking forward to being a Hellcat owner!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,534 Posts
So far, four 6.2s (two Dodges and two Jeeps) without any issues. And a fifth one coming.
Not that there are all that many miles on them yet, even combined, but the fifth one wouldn't have been ordered if we didn't really like these things.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,359 Posts
Here's the problem with the internet: You take your Hellcat out for a ride, you have great time and when you get home you grab a beer and relax, you don't run to the internet to tell everyone how problem-free everything was.
100%.
I have a 2015 with 8k on it.
Only issue was 4 year old battery died.
I have tons of mods.
I am very happy with it.
More fun than any other car I have ever owned.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
187 Posts
2016 Challenger Hellcat. Owned since new. No issues that required repair. Have had a couple of recalls, but that is it.

Phil

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392
71 Posts
Not a Hellcat, but 2017 SP w/ 107k miles. Bought used with 52k Feb 2019. Still runs like new. Nothing but regular maintenance items and always runs a little better after a track day bakes the carbon out :)

With as many HC engines have been sold (last estimate I saw was 50k+, excluding RedEye), if issues were prevalent they'd be hard to miss.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
917 Posts
My 2017 had 24xxx miles on her and the only issues were the stupid STAR case with Chrysler about the brakes and the rest was SUPERLATIVE. Also, the brakes worked fine, just made a chinese water torture style clicking noise that could have gotten mother teresa to cuss.

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,681 Posts
4yrs of racing the 1/4 with hundreds of passes a season. Then about 4 weekends a year running 1/2 mile events. With very few street miles in between. I had the blower changed under warranty because it was starting to sound like a bad ford steering pump. I did an alignment, many tire and oil changes. This year I thought I was having issues with my cats so they got changed under recall. This did not correct the issue.
It appears to be something with fueling. Swapped pumps not it. Going to send out injectors. Unfortunately we can't test for a few more months.
So am I happy. Hell yes this silly car has made me smile like no other. Due to the learning of what the car likes and having a track that uses this car as one of the cars to watch for track prep. It often runs faster than cars it shouldn't be quicker than. Pulled Hellcats and stock RedEye's don't have it easy.
So once again to reinforce the comments above. This is truly a great car.
And my biggest gripe is 85mph does not feel fast on the highway. So I use cruise control to avoid jail time. LOL

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
551 Posts
Mine is a 2016 that I have owned four and a half years, since new. No problems at all. I haven't had either recall done. Dealer has never touched the car after it left their lot. I do my own oil changes.
I also keep it on a battery tender when it's parked. Still have the original battery.
No complaints here.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,739 Posts
'16 M6 owner with 10k on it. No issues. All the accounts of SC bearing issues prompted me to get an 8yr/85 Powertrain Plus extended warranty but haven't need to use it yet.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
353 Posts
I'm extremely happy with our 2016 Hellcat, manual. Been a great ride. No major issues other than I cannot pass emissions in Connecticut. I keep getting the run around from Dodge, the dealer does not want to take the responsibility and Dodge does not care. So Dodge customer service is my biggest issue.

@DodgeCares really does not care.

·
Registered
64 Posts
2019 REWB-6000 miles-No problems till last week. Had to get a new fuel pump. Dealer said it had to be replaced because it comes as 1 unit that includes module, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, it was telling my fuel gauge I was on 3/4 tank but I actually ran out of gas. They probably replaced it because it is still under warranty. I'm not concerned since I haven't heard of this being a thang!

21 - 40 of 71 Posts