SRT Hellcat Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
BLUF: Who hasn't had any serious issues with their Hellcat?

First post, but been lurking for a bit on and off over the years and a lot recently as I think I have decided to pickup a used Hellcat in the very near future. I wanted one a while back, but was put off by the supercharger issues. Considering they can be rebuilt for $2200 or so I am no longer that worried about it, and the car I am looking at still has some warranty left (13 months). Currently working out a deal on a 2016 Challenger M6 with 16K miles listed at $46K. One owner car, pretty immaculate, and the PO's wife works at the dealership, so I have access to service records and that kind of info.

Anyway, to the point of my post, as with any forum there are a ton of "problem" posts, mostly because people without issues don't head online to let everyone know that their experience has been satisfactory. Who owns a Hellcat and has NOT had any significant issues with it? If you could post the year and mileage that would be awesome, and I apologize if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. Really looking forward to being a Hellcat owner!
BLUF: Who hasn't had any serious issues with their Hellcat?

First post, but been lurking for a bit on and off over the years and a lot recently as I think I have decided to pickup a used Hellcat in the very near future. I wanted one a while back, but was put off by the supercharger issues. Considering they can be rebuilt for $2200 or so I am no longer that worried about it, and the car I am looking at still has some warranty left (13 months). Currently working out a deal on a 2016 Challenger M6 with 16K miles listed at $46K. One owner car, pretty immaculate, and the PO's wife works at the dealership, so I have access to service records and that kind of info.

Anyway, to the point of my post, as with any forum there are a ton of "problem" posts, mostly because people without issues don't head online to let everyone know that their experience has been satisfactory. Who owns a Hellcat and has NOT had any significant issues with it? If you could post the year and mileage that would be awesome, and I apologize if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. Really looking forward to being a Hellcat owner!
2017, 32k miles, Octane Red, Infotainment system update, dead battery, interior door panel peeling (front doors only) and this year my hood was fixed due to corrosion,

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
21 Posts
Bought my 2016 HC used with 4K miles. Have had it over 3 years, drive it every day, and have 37K. I have had zero issues. However, I have never taken it to the track and have put it close to redline in 3rd gear twice and gone over 150mph twice. I drive what I call “spirited” but never race it or go way too fast.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
95 Posts
2018 WBHC bought used, has 10,700 on it. I drive it 4-5 times a month but not during Winter. No problems so far, just gas and the 6 month oil changes regardless if it needs it or not. Love it! Had a 2018 SP Charger for almost 3 years before that and had no issues at all. Love the cars! Can't beat that Mopar sound.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
81 Posts
2018 Charger Hellcat, 24k miles, zero problems. Previously had a 2007 300SRT8 with over 110k trouble free miles.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Here's the problem with the internet: You take your Hellcat out for a ride, you have great time and when you get home you grab a beer and relax, you don't run to the internet to tell everyone how problem-free everything was.
Lofl..
Exactly!
These beasts are pretty reliable from where Im standing. Hellcats can, and are daily drivers, from my line of sight if you just come to terms with only 700 or 800hp you should be fine. I put a Barton short shifter in, as well as a catch can but thats it. Still puts a smile on my face every drive.

2015 Challenger Hellcat 6 speed. Purchased in October 2020 with 400 miles. 2,400 miles on her now. All good here.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
266 Posts
Argh....... any other damage done, or is it just time for a new belt?
i'm hoping its just the belt... The pulleys all spin and only had 1 code thrown, P012B. I ordered 2 belts and they will be here tomorrow and I'll replace it. Anyone know what Gates Accessory Belt is for the redeye? Might as well replace it since its coming off....

·
Registered
In The Market
1,064 Posts
Chancey’s post has a part number. I got the green Gates from Amazon. Hope it’s right. Just a spare. Walk us through your repair.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
266 Posts
Chancey’s post has a part number. I got the green Gates from Amazon. Hope it’s right. Just a spare. Walk us through your repair.
I see the mopar part number but I don't see the Gates part number for the accessory belt. I have the SC belts on the way already.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts