SRT Hellcat Forum banner

So Many Problem Threads - Who Has NOT Had Any Serious Issues?

9K views 70 replies 57 participants last post by  drocKinCO 
#1 ·
BLUF: Who hasn't had any serious issues with their Hellcat?

First post, but been lurking for a bit on and off over the years and a lot recently as I think I have decided to pickup a used Hellcat in the very near future. I wanted one a while back, but was put off by the supercharger issues. Considering they can be rebuilt for $2200 or so I am no longer that worried about it, and the car I am looking at still has some warranty left (13 months). Currently working out a deal on a 2016 Challenger M6 with 16K miles listed at $46K. One owner car, pretty immaculate, and the PO's wife works at the dealership, so I have access to service records and that kind of info.

Anyway, to the point of my post, as with any forum there are a ton of "problem" posts, mostly because people without issues don't head online to let everyone know that their experience has been satisfactory. Who owns a Hellcat and has NOT had any significant issues with it? If you could post the year and mileage that would be awesome, and I apologize if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. Really looking forward to being a Hellcat owner!

#35 ·
4yrs of racing the 1/4 with hundreds of passes a season. Then about 4 weekends a year running 1/2 mile events. With very few street miles in between. I had the blower changed under warranty because it was starting to sound like a bad ford steering pump. I did an alignment, many tire and oil changes. This year I thought I was having issues with my cats so they got changed under recall. This did not correct the issue.
It appears to be something with fueling. Swapped pumps not it. Going to send out injectors. Unfortunately we can't test for a few more months.
So am I happy. Hell yes this silly car has made me smile like no other. Due to the learning of what the car likes and having a track that uses this car as one of the cars to watch for track prep. It often runs faster than cars it shouldn't be quicker than. Pulled Hellcats and stock RedEye's don't have it easy.
So once again to reinforce the comments above. This is truly a great car.
And my biggest gripe is 85mph does not feel fast on the highway. So I use cruise control to avoid jail time. LOL

#38 ·
'16 M6 owner with 10k on it. No issues. All the accounts of SC bearing issues prompted me to get an 8yr/85 Powertrain Plus extended warranty but haven't need to use it yet.

#40 ·
2019 REWB-6000 miles-No problems till last week. Had to get a new fuel pump. Dealer said it had to be replaced because it comes as 1 unit that includes module, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, it was telling my fuel gauge I was on 3/4 tank but I actually ran out of gas. They probably replaced it because it is still under warranty. I'm not concerned since I haven't heard of this being a thang!

#41 ·
Our SRT Jeep is now 8 years old and we have been blessed that a set of brake pads, tires and oil changes is all the old girl has wanted. The Challenger is now 6 years old and no major issues just the recalls. Charger is still too new and is currently sitting out the winter months waiting for spring. I did but the FCA extended warranty for pace of mind. Also bought it for the other two cars but ended up never using it.

#44 ·
My 2019 WB Redeye at 10,500 miles has been mostly trouble free. These are very high performance cars, so I cannot expect them to be completely trouble free. Had to have it aligned soon after purchase, then had a fuel pump module failure on the road race track a while back and a few other minor (mostly electronic) hiccups, but very satisfied for this performance level! My local Dodge dealer (Suncoast Dodge) has a specific service rep that handles SRTs, and a specific tech (who owns a Viper) that does the work on SRTs. They have taken good care of my car so far.

#47 ·
2019 Challenger redeye with 8500 miles.
Zero issues. Very happy with car!

#49 ·
2016 Challenger with 18k miles. Squeaky front brakes at 13k at just the end of a stop...that's it. Doesn't bother me much. Been perfect otherwise so far. And I definitely use my gas pedal. lol

But as others have said, you're going to see all the problems reported on forums and those problems are probably a few percentage points of cars out there on the road...

#53 ·
I bought my 2015 M6 new. It now has 20k miles and is stock exc for a diff brace.
No repairs of any kind at all and still on my original battery.
I still laugh out loud nearly every time I drive it. I often go for a drive to nowhere just for fun. I changed to all season tires so I can use it all year long- but I do avoid rain, and definitely not snow.
Paint still perfect and the interior still smells of new leather.
(I hope this doesn't jinx me!!)
Get one- not only will it be great, but with the rise of EVs, if you don't get one now you may regret it.

#54 ·
I bought my 2015 Hellcat Charger in December of 2015 and have something over 89K miles on it with no issues. My favorite car of all time and I’ve had Mopars since the early 70s. Bringing the beast in tomorrow for cat replacement recall. The biggest difference I’ve found from previous cars is that I have to replace a lot of tires. Not blaming the car though.🙄
Just glad I live in the south now so I can drive it year round.

#55 ·
I would echo a majority of the posts here. These cars were very well thought out in the two main areas you want to last in a muscle car, motor and transmission. Both are very well equipped for high performance and reliability. Yeah every vehicle ever mass produced has lemons. Most of what you see problem wise on forums, because I’ve done the same research as you, is that they are modded cars where someone is beating the snot out of them. I think you can even mod these cars reliably and drive them pretty hard, but a lot of folks want to take the cheap route. They do not spend on the proper reinforcements to the areas being stressed when you boost to near 1000 HP levels. As for my experienc, mine is a ‘16 M6 bone stock with around 6500 trouble free miles, I bought mine used with 3700 last January. Like others have stated, this car is fun AF. Zero buyers remorse here. I’ll drive mine for no other reason than to feel the insane rush of acceleration if only for a moment. Also, this car has one of the best sounding V8 soundtracks I’ve ever heard. It is addictive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.