SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how many of you will care as much as I do, but in my 17 I was always annoyed that I couldn't just make the car in the SRT pages the color of my car. Now that I have my 22 and I see that the g-force meter, backup camera graphic, and tire pressure are all the same as before and cannot be changed to at least the color or visually be accurate based on year or equipment is pretty lazy of them. If I were to make models that were correct for the car, how many people would gaf enough to pay a few bucks for the trouble? I know I would. I certainly can't do it. Just a thought. I look forward to the tongue lashings. Lol

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: sleeper_redeye

· Registered
3,908 Posts
I don't know how many of you will care as much as I do, but in my 17 I was always annoyed that I couldn't just make the car in the SRT pages the color of my car. Now that I have my 22 and I see that the g-force meter, backup camera graphic, and tire pressure are all the same as before and cannot be changed to at least the color or visually be accurate based on year or equipment is pretty lazy of them. If I were to make models that were correct for the car, how many people would gaf enough to pay a few bucks for the trouble? I know I would. I certainly can't do it. Just a thought. I look forward to the tongue lashings. Lol
You modifying the rom/firmware for the uconnect? Looked into it before, let me know how it goes if you can decompile and reverse engineer the firmware, find the right file pages/graphics and then replace them. Pretty deep rabbit hole there, tazer not gonna be enough.

· Registered
3,908 Posts
Need ida pro at the very least (thousands of dollars) the profile for the specific microcontrollers in the uconnect (not gonna happen unless for research purposes) and hours upon hours of taking stabs in the dark. And this was with the old uconnects this could be done. Might still be possible with phisical access to the uconnect/car - almost nothing is impenetrable if you have physical access to it. Again, no one doing this - maybe cybersecurity researchers for bug bounties and proof of concepts for $$$$/clout, but no one is going through this trouble to change the color of the graphic.

· Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Need ida pro at the very least (thousands of dollars) the profile for the specific microcontrollers in the uconnect (not gonna happen unless for research purposes) and hours upon hours of taking stabs in the dark. And this was with the old uconnects this could be done. Might still be possible with phisical access to the uconnect/car - almost nothing is impenetrable if you have physical access to it. Again, no one doing this - maybe cybersecurity researchers for bug bounties and proof of concepts for $$$$/clout, but no one is going through this trouble to change the color of the graphic.
I was an IT in the military for 14 years, was a sysadmin as a contractor after that and am in a cybersecurity undergrad program and I have some huge nerds I could enlist. More darts thrown the higher the likelihood ya get a hit. I'll look into it and talk to my program director.

Reactions: Unholy707

· Registered
3,908 Posts
I was an IT in the military for 14 years, was a sysadmin as a contractor after that and am in a cybersecurity undergrad program and I have some huge nerds I could enlist. More darts thrown the higher the likelihood ya get a hit. I'll look into it and talk to my program director.
A lot of experience there myself. Not sure it’s worth it or tangible. Obviously by what I stated above and your background you know exactly what I’m talking about

· Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It would be cool, but everyone knows red cars are faster and that's why dodge picked red for these icons.
Mine is just about as red as a TorRed Redeye, with Demonic Red seats, red calipers, and ordered the red seatbelts but that was not an option I guess, can get.

· Registered
364 Posts
I doubt reverse engineering the uconnect system would be hard... It's Dodge lol. Look at their "security system." They probably outsource most of this kind of work to grad students in India like Boeing does for their critical flight systems

· Registered
248 Posts
Hi,

Funny you mentioned the red car on the GPS, as mine is F8 green (2020), I also have a Jeep JL (Hydro Blue) and on that GPS can only have a green one, go figure.

Anyhow there is someone on the JL Forum that is reverse engineering the can bus systems, really haven't read much of it as way over my novice head, but guessing that they too would be diving into the uconnect systems as well?

Here's a link:

Regards,
Jim

· Registered
3,908 Posts
Hi,

Funny you mentioned the red car on the GPS, as mine is F8 green (2020), I also have a Jeep JL (Hydro Blue) and on that GPS can only have a green one, go figure.

Anyhow there is someone on the JL Forum that is reverse engineering the can bus systems, really haven't read much of it as way over my novice head, but guessing that they too would be diving into the uconnect systems as well?

Here's a link:

Regards,
Jim
And you don’t hear more about it lol

· Registered
3,908 Posts
As arcaic as Dodge systems are, one would think if you can play Pac-Man, you could get into & make changes in these systems. View attachment 608449
Lol that’s not pac man, that’s the new dodge banshee. You have to insert a coin every time you want to use the software limited air conditioning, heated seats or unlock more kilowatts. the pinnacle of subscription features.

· Registered
3,908 Posts
I’m not even joking. The direct connection “stage” kits are going to be unlockable over the air via 1 time fee or subscription. For more power, that all of them will be capable off off the lot just hobbled by software. I bet some other features will be that way too. Forget sat radio being the only paid subscription in your car. The future looks bleak

· Registered
248 Posts
Hi,

In some ways this all reminds me of the right to repair thing that politicians were talking about a few years ago for cell phones. Not real sure if it applied to programming, but after your warranty period is over have at it.

Regards,
Jim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts