SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,068 Posts
"Butter Da Great" - COME ON. SMH JUST NO.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,142 Posts
Not from the rumors I'm hearing what's coming for 2023 :cool: I'm pretty confident we will be impressed !!
You don't think for the last year of hellcat that there wont be something special coming? Think again my friend (y)
Still waiting on that 426 Scat Pack.

Dodge has spent nice R&D money on cool shit but now it seems like everything is done.

I expect the final edition to be a sticker package and 3 year wait until we hear that Steallantis killed whatever cool shit they wanted to make.

1000hp Challenger? Sure.
Could probably sell 3-5k of them for 130k+ But the Europeans won't have it.

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,163 Posts
Why would they bother. They can barely make JB's for full MSRP that is already $1k above. All they need to do is take whatever random leftover parts they have lying around, throw them together, then call it a XXX Special Edition, sell 50 that way, then the next random lot is another Special Edition, all at "Special Pricing", and people will fight over the allocations. The JB proved people will pay high prices for something "special".

Sorry for the skepticism but the seller is clearly in control here.

·
Registered
Smoke Show Challenger Jailbreak
624 Posts
Why would they bother. They can barely make JB's for full MSRP that is already $1k above. All they need to do is take whatever random leftover parts they have lying around, throw them together, then call it a XXX Special Edition, sell 50 that way, then the next random lot is another Special Edition, all at "Special Pricing", and people will fight over the allocations. The JB proved people will pay high prices for something "special".

I’m afraid that is a very valid point you made.

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,629 Posts
Not from the rumors I'm hearing what's coming for 2023 :cool: I'm pretty confident we will be impressed !!
You don't think for the last year of hellcat that there wont be something special coming? Think again my friend (y)
It would be nice if they did something special, but if you follow Dodge's financials and press releases with Stellantis... Dodge is pretty much broke as a joke right now. The special thing coming for 2023 is the 2024 unveil. Stellantis wants the 2024 and wants Dodge to put a nail in the current generation. I wouldn't be surprised, at all, if the "special edition" was just the launch edition of the '24. Keep in mind that Saltillo has halted production of the Hellcat engines and already converted to i4 and i6... so whatever they do in '23 will be done with the powertrains currently in storage.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,142 Posts

Im under the impression that the JB's have been a failure/flop

There was even an article on Dodge Garage telling people where they can order one.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
The good think in 2023 coming is that the hellcat order tracking thread here will finally facking DIE. No more idiots asking 10x times an hour "how long will it take once I get my vin" over and over and over and over and over.
Unless Stellantis comes out with a 2024 Hornet SRT Hellcat Jailbreak Widebody.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,142 Posts
It would be nice if they did something special, but if you follow Dodge's financials and press releases with Stellantis... Dodge is pretty much broke as a joke right now. The special thing coming for 2023 is the 2024 unveil. Stellantis wants the 2024 and wants Dodge to put a nail in the current generation. I wouldn't be surprised, at all, if the "special edition" was just the launch edition of the '24. Keep in mind that Saltillo has halted production of the Hellcat engines and already converted to i4 and i6... so whatever they do in '23 will be done with the powertrains currently in storage.
Have a breakdown of Dodge?

All I remember seeing is Stellantis having 15B in profits for Q1 or whatever it was.

I do agree, Stellantis wants to kill the gas guzzling cars to stop paying for tax credits. But so far, they are not limiting the TRX which sounds like its still getting the Hellcat engine through 2024. So at some point, they may revert back to building Hemi engines if needed.

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,539 Posts

There was even an article on Dodge Garage telling people where they can order one.
how is it a flop? They are selling more than they can make and shut down all other WB production just to fill JB orders.
They list the dealers because many people are trying to get one and the dealers that have an allocation get sold out quickly. It’s a way for a buyer to see where the latest allocations went so they can hopefully get an order in.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
how is it a flop? They are selling more than they can make and shut down all other WB production just to fill JB orders.
They list the dealers because many people are trying to get one and the dealers that have an allocation get sold out quickly. It’s a way for a buyer to see where the latest allocations went so they can hopefully get an order in.
It's a flop in that they can't make them to match demand. Sure, they're heavily desirable, but Dodge is not able to make enough of them. So, the flop is in production, not with the product.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,308 Posts
Well they can dream, right?

Reactions: Sonny85

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts

Yeah the Dodge website is crap for ordering, build a RE on there and it will give you local dealers who carry it, only problem they are carrying SXT's and R/T's not HC's or RE's.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts