SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the trunk of the car were a couple sealed bags. One contains an air deflector that seems to be for Redeye Challengers and may also be included with Daytonas or maybe all Charger widebodies. The other is a spat kit for the front wheels. Googling the part number came up empty. What the heck are those. I have a friend who works at a dealer and their Daytona had the air deflector in the trunk also.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
196 Posts
Wind deflectors for your brakes to help cool them..... i believe. My 19 redeye came with them, have not put them on.... yet.... not sure about the fender spat

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read up about them and they are definetly for Red Eye. Just wondering if they also come in 2020 WB Charger or Daytona, or if somebody left in the trunk by mistake. I wonder why the dealer doesn't install the air deflectors and leaves them in the trunks for customers?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,093 Posts
I wonder why the dealer doesn't install the air deflectors and leaves them in the trunks for customers?
1. Lazy
2. Uninformed
3. The PDI didn't say to install them

(Take your pick)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 202 came with them as well, along with the pedals. I do t believe the dealer is obligated to install them, it’s an easy install. 4 bolts each side for the air deflectors. For the side spats, you need a rivet tool.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why does the part number for the spats not show up ANYWHERE on the internet? Has anyone ever seen a car with them installed?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 202 came with them as well, along with the pedals. I do t believe the dealer is obligated to install them, it’s an easy install. 4 bolts each side for the air deflectors. For the side spats, you need a rivet tool.
Mine had the pedals in the trunk as well. Isn't that the epitome of laziness???

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,093 Posts
The pedals should have absolutely been installed, that is poor dealer service no doubt about it and should be noted on your survey.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,071 Posts
Kind of curious what the side spats look like and where are they mounted? Plastic rivets need a different tool than metal rivets.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The pedals should have absolutely been installed, that is poor dealer service no doubt about it and should be noted on your survey.

I'll disagree with one thing and I hope that everyone that reads this understands. The survey hurts the salesman, or in the case of service, the advisor. Neither of them should suffer because the technician did a poor job. Period.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kind of curious what the side spats look like and where are they mounted? Plastic rivets need a different tool than metal rivets.
Me, too. Is there no one that has them mounted who can take a photo?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
734 Posts
I'll disagree with one thing and I hope that everyone that reads this understands. The survey hurts the salesman, or in the case of service, the advisor. Neither of them should suffer because the technician did a poor job. Period.
The salesman should go through that car before it’s sold like he was buying it. When I bought my 1st Hellcat it was sitting outside ready to be picked up and the radio wouldn’t eve come on. My salesman said oh just bring it back whenever you can. My Redeye the salesman was great. Went over everything even though I was going into almost same exact car. If that car goes through make ready and PDI with uninstalled parts in the trunk shame on that salesman.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The salesman should go through that car before it’s sold like he was buying it. When I bought my 1st Hellcat it was sitting outside ready to be picked up and the radio wouldn’t eve come on. My salesman said oh just bring it back whenever you can. My Redeye the salesman was great. Went over everything even though I was going into almost same exact car. If that car goes through make ready and PDI with uninstalled parts in the trunk shame on that salesman.
In my case, I chose not to have him do the usual delivery. My whole point is that the survey system is broken. We strive for scores, not satisfied customers, which are not always the same thing. The majority of the time, the issue was caused by someone who in unaffected by that survey.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,093 Posts
Just curious if anyone knows how I can learn how many Daytona hellcats like mine was made
Production still ongoing so will have to wait for late summer/early fall until the model year ends and then PLMCRZY can run a configuration tree for you. Send a gift of $25 PayPal along with the last 8 of your VIN to PLMCRZY @ USA. NET and you will get a chart like this showing how many cars just like yours were built or maybe it will be the only one just like it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts